Dragons on TV Friday Through Sunday on Dayton's CW
DAYTON, OHIO - Dayton Dragons games on Friday, July 30; Saturday, July 31; and Sunday, August 1 will be televised live from Day Air Ballpark on Dayton's CW. On all three dates, the Dragons will battle the Lake County Captains, the High-A affiliates of the Cleveland Indians.
Broadcasts will begin at 7:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and at 2:00 p.m. on Sunday. These games are part of a 25-game Dragons television package in 2021.
All Dragons television broadcasts are presented by AES Ohio. All games will be broadcast live and in high definition on the following outlets:
Over the air Channel 26.1
Spectrum Channels 13 and 1013
Direct TV and DISH Network Channel 26.
Dayton's CW reaches approximately 500,000 households and over 1.2 million potential viewers in a 10-county area.
Dragons Director of Broadcasting Tom Nichols will handle the play-by-play. WDTN Sports Director Jack Pohl will serve as color commentator.
Tom Nichols returns for his 13th season with the Dragons and 33rd year in Minor League Baseball. He has broadcast over 4,000 minor league games since beginning his career in 1988 and has worked at every level of Minor League Baseball. He is a Ball State University graduate and a native of Muncie, Indiana, where he was inducted into the Delaware County Athletics Hall-of-Fame in 2009.
Jack Pohl has served as WDTN-TV Sports Director and Anchor since 2002 and has been with WDTN-TV since August 1995. Jack is a Dayton native who attended Wright State University. He began his broadcasting career at Centerville High School station WCWT. He later moved on to work at various Dayton area radio stations but is best known for his time as the Z-93 morning show personality with Kim Faris. Jack is proud to have learned the TV business from WDTN's legendary Omar Williams. Jack was honored with the Ohio High School Athletic Association's Sportsmanship and Ethics Integrity Media service award.
Dragons 2021 Television Broadcast Schedule (remaining games)
July 30 vs. Lake County, 7:00 p.m.
July 31 vs. Lake County, 7:00 p.m.
August 1 vs. Lake County, 2:00 p.m.
August 20 vs. Lake County, 7:00 p.m.
August 21 vs. Lake County, 7:00 p.m.
August 22 vs. Lake County, 2:00 p.m.
Sept. 4 vs. Lansing, 7:00 p.m.
Sept. 5 vs. Lansing, 2:00 p.m.
Sept. 18 vs. Fort Wayne, 7:00 p.m.
Sept. 19 vs. Fort Wayne, 2:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the High-A Central League message board...
High-A Central League Stories from July 29, 2021
- Chiefs Fall in Extras ThursdayÃÂ - Peoria Chiefs
- Helman Homers in Thursday Defeat - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Nuts Rally Past TinCaps, 6-3 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Whitecaps Cruise to 8-2 Win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Keys Tosses 5 Shutout Innings as Fill-In Starter in Dragons 4-1 Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Late Lansing Rally Snaps TinCaps Win Streak - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Captains Drop Second Straight to Dragons - Lake County Captains
- Armenteros Placed on Temporarily Inactive List - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Information: July 29 at Lansing - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Rattlers Hosting Frozen Pizza Throwdown on August 29 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dragons on TV Friday Through Sunday on Dayton's CW - Dayton Dragons
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- South Bend Cubs Announce Upcoming Game/Promotion Schedule - South Bend Cubs
- Huge 2-Out Rally in the 10th Wins It for SB - South Bend Cubs
- Cedar Rapids Blasts Past Wisconsin - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Camels Wallop Whitecaps with Big Inning - Great Lakes Loons
- Cedar Rapids Surges Past Timber Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dragons James Marinan Named League Pitcher of the Month for September
- 2021 Dragon Named Pitching Prospect of the Year; Former Dragons Prepare for MLB Playoffs
- Dayton Dragons 2021 Season Review (Team, Events, & Organization)
- Dragons Close out Season with Win, Finish in Tie for First But Miss Playoffs
- Dayton Dragons Game Notes for Sunday