Dragons Notes for Thursday
Thursday, May 17, 2018 l Game # 37
Cooley Law School Stadium l Lansing, Mich. l 7:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (18-18) at Lansing Lugnuts (26-13)
RH Wendolyn Bautista (2-1, 6.06) vs. RH Graham Spraker (0-1, 2.55)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lansing Lugnuts (affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays) in the last game of a four-game series.
Streaks: The Dragons have lost their last six games after winning nine of the previous 10. Lansing has won eight straight games.
Standings: The Dragons are in fourth place, six and one-half games behind first place Lansing, and four games behind second place Bowling Green.
2018 Individual Notes
Hendrik Clementina over his last 12 games: six home runs, one triple, 15 RBI, and nine walks. Clementina is hitting .341 on the year with a .720 slugging percentage. He is tied for first in the MWL in home runs with eight and tied for fourth in RBI with 26 despite being one plate appearance short of qualifying for the batting lead. He would rank fifth in the league in batting average and first in slugging percentage (by 51 points).
Miles Gordon over his last eight games: 13 for 29, .448 to raise his average from .132 to .208.
John Sansone has a seven-game hitting streak, batting .286 with one home run and 7 RBI.
Michael Beltre over his last five games: 8 for 21, .381. Beltre has a 30-game on-base streak that is the longest active streak in the league.
Stuart Fairchild is 6 for 14 (.429) with three doubles in the current series with Lansing.
John Ghyzel is second in the MWL lead in saves with six. In 14 appearances, he has a 1.93 ERA.
Cory Thompson has allowed earned runs in just one of his 15 relief appearances, posting a 1.40 ERA.
Ryan Nutof has allowed earned runs in just two of his 14 relief appearances, posting a 1.54 ERA.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Friday, May 18 (7:00 p.m. DH): Great Lakes RH Wills Montgomerie (0-1, 1.45) and RH Riley Ottesen (0-3, 8.18) at Dayton RH Hunter Greene (0-2, 9.88) and RH Tyler Mondile (0-3, 9.19)
Saturday, May 19 (7:07 p.m.): Great Lakes RH Andre Jackson (0-0, 5.40) at Dayton RH Andrew Jordan (0-0, 0.00) TV: Dayton's CW (26)
Sunday, May 20 (2:07 p.m.): Great Lakes RH Edwin Uceta (1-1, 3.86) at Dayton RH Adrian Rodriguez (1-0, 5.27) TV: Dayton's CW (26)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from May 17, 2018
- TinCaps Offense Erupts in Series Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- LumberKings avoid sweep with 7-2 win - Clinton LumberKings
- Julks' Home Run Propels Bandits to 2-1 Win over Kernels - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Five-Run Fifth Dooms 'Caps - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Chiefs Winning Streak Snapped at Seven - Peoria Chiefs
- Bandits Win Rubber Game over Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Heredia's 4 RBI Not Enough - Great Lakes Loons
- Rondon, Hot Rods Beat Loons 5-4 - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Nine Feels Fine: Lugs Sweep Dayton Again - Lansing Lugnuts
- Lugnuts Top Dragons 4-1 to Complete Series Sweep - Dayton Dragons
- Sotillo Returns to Lugnuts, Hernandez Placed on DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Zach Davies to Start for Timber Rattlers on Saturday - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dragons Homestand Preview for May 18-24 - Dayton Dragons
- MiLB Honors Big Brothers Big Sisters of America Rising Star Students - Great Lakes Loons
- Kettering Health Network Presents the "Strike out Stroke" Event - Dayton Dragons
- Snappers Return for Seven-Game Homestand May 18th - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Game Notes: May 17 vs. West Michigan (Game 39) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Thornberry Creek LPGA Classic Is Presenting Sponsor of Green & Gold Charity Softball Game - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Captains Shutout Cubs 7-0 in Series Finale - South Bend Cubs
- Perez Deals, Captains Explode for Three Homers in Win - Lake County Captains
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Communication Error Cost Bees in Extra Innings - Burlington Bees
- Bees Use Big Sixth Inning to Take Down Cougars 9-3 - Burlington Bees
- Game Information: Beloit Snappers at Wisconsin Timber Rattlers - Beloit Snappers
- South Bend Cubs Announce Upcoming Game/Promotion Schedule - South Bend Cubs
- Captains and Cubs Split Marathon Doubleheader - Lake County Captains
- Cubs Split Doubleheader with Captains for Second Time this Series - South Bend Cubs
- Cougars Top Bees in Extras - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.