Down Goes Fargo, the Lancers Are Moving On
OMAHA, NE. - After taking down the Force by a score of 5-2 last night (4/25), the Lancers were looking to bounce Fargo in two games to send their focus to the second round where they would take on the Tri-City Storm.
Unlike last night, the Force struck first as regular season point leader, Bret Link netted a one-timer off a pass from Max Smolinski by the glove of Omaha Lancers goaltender Kevin Pasche to take the early 1-0 lead.
Just a minute later, the Lancers' offense got brewing as Jared Wright carried a pass from Morgan Winters and found Alex Bump for a one-timer that beat Force goaltender Louden Hogg by the blocker, tying the game, 1-1 which was the score after 20 minutes.
The lone goal of the second period belonged to the Lancers as Evan Werner scored on a breakaway after leaving the penalty box, as he gave the Lancers the 2-1 lead heading into the third period.
Werner tacked on another goal nine minutes into the third period off a pass from Cameron that he roofed over the glove of Hogg to extend the lead to 3-1.
Just four minutes later, Kyle Smolen netted a top shelf shot off a feed from Trevor Griebel to cut the Lancers lead to just 3-2, as things started getting intense toward the end of the game.
Shortly after pulling Hogg from the net, Cam Mitchell cleared a rebound off of Pasche to the corner, which was picked up by Cameron. He skated the puck end-to-end and netted the empty-netter sealing the 4-2 win for Omaha.
With the Lancers victory, they move onto the Western Conference Semi-Finals against the #1 seed and Anderson Cup Champion Tri-City Storm.
The second round goes as follows:
Game 1: Saturday, April 30th - @ Tri-City - 7:05PM CST.
Game 2: Sunday, May 1st - vs. Tri-City - 4:05PM CST.
Game 3: Tuesday, May 3rd - @ Tri-City - 7:05PM CST.*
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 27, 2022
- USHL Announces Clark Cup Playoffs Conference Semifinals Matchups and Information - USHL
- Former Gamblers Player McCadden Added as Assistant Coach - Green Bay Gamblers
- Lumberjacks Advance to Eastern Conference Semifinals, Clash with Dubuque in Best-Of-Three Series - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Eastern Conference Semifinals Preview - Chicago Steel
- Stars Lose Game 2 - Lincoln Stars
- Down Goes Fargo, the Lancers Are Moving On - Omaha Lancers
- Caps Sweep Phantoms in Round One to Advance to Eastern Conference Semis - Madison Capitols
- Phantoms Bow out of Clark Cup Playoffs with 5-3 Loss to Madison - Youngstown Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Lancers Stories
- David Wilkie Returns as Head Coach, General Manager and CEO, Jamie Storr Named President of Hockey Operations
- Lancers Release 2022-23 Regular Season Schedule
- Lancers Forward, Tanner Rowe Commits to UMass - Amherst
- Michael Cameron Earns 2022 Curt Hammer Award
- Kevin Pasche Selected to the All-USHL Second Team