Difficult Start Hobbles Dust Devils
A tough first inning proved to be too much for the Tri-City Dust Devils (29-44) to overcome on Wednesday afternoon as the team lost 10-2 on the road to the Hillsboro Hops. Former University of Oregon standout Kenyon Yovan had one of Tri-City's six hits in his professional debut.
Hector Yan ran into trouble early in the game. The reigning High-A West Pitcher of the Week did not record an out before the Dust Devils turned to the bullpen. Yan surrendered a grand slam to Eduardo Diaz that was part of Hillsboro's five-run first inning. Both Adrian Rondon and Gareth Morgan had two hits in the loss for Tri-City.
Right-hander Taylor Ahearn will toe the rubber for Tri-City in the third matchup of the road series on Thursday. The Hops will counter with right-hander Justin Vernia.
For more information regarding tickets for upcoming home games visit www.dustdevilsbaseball.com or call the team's office at (509) 544-8789.
• Discuss this story on the High-A West League message board...
High-A West League Stories from July 29, 2021
- Throwback Thursday Is Back - Everett AquaSox
- Murphy Joins Emeralds Roster - Eugene Emeralds
- Difficult Start Hobbles Dust Devils - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Indians Strike Early But Fall in Extras, 10-9 - Spokane Indians
- C's Triumph in Biggest Comeback of 2021 - Vancouver Canadians
- 'Sox Salvage Doubleheader - Everett AquaSox
- Tale of Two Opposite Outings Ends with Ems Splitting Doubleheader - Eugene Emeralds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.