Derrick Jones Jr. Re-Joins Heat
MIAMI, FL - The Miami HEAT announced today that Derrick Jones Jr. has re-joined the HEAT from the Sioux Falls Skyforce as part of his two-way contract.
Jones Jr. has appeared in 19 G League games (14 starts) this season between the Northern Arizona Suns (16 games) and the Skyforce (three games) averaging 16.1 points, 7.2 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 1.68 blocks, 1.05 steals and 28.7 minutes while shooting 47.9 percent from the field. In his last game on January 29 vs. the Iowa Wolves, he scored a game-high 23 points while grabbing a team-high nine rebounds.
Jones Jr., who signed with the HEAT on December 31, has appeared in nine games (seven starts) with the HEAT this season averaging 4.1 points, 2.7 rebounds and 19.4 minutes while shooting 42.4 percent from the field. He will join the team and be available for tonight's game vs. the Houston Rockets.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 7, 2018
- Military Night February 13 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Memphis Hustle to host Faith and Family Night presented by Belhaven University - Memphis Hustle
- Bighorns Get Win in Pacific Divison Matchup - Reno Bighorns
- South Bay Falls to Reno in Back-And-Forth Battle - South Bay Lakers
- Drive Hold on against Bulls as Nnoko and Felder Star - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hot-Shooting Swarm Subdue Mad Ants - Greensboro Swarm
- Lakeland Magic Top the Herd at Home - Lakeland Magic
- Detroit Pistons Assign Brice Johnson to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Derrick Jones Jr. Re-Joins Heat - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.