Bighorns Get Win in Pacific Divison Matchup
RENO, Nev. --- The Reno Bighorns (20-14) defeated the South Bay Lakers (21-13) 113-110 Wednesday night at the Reno Events Center.
Matt Jones led the Bighorns with 21 points and five rebounds while Marcus Williams and Josh Hagins both had 16 points each and three rebounds. Two-way player JaKarr Sampson neared a double-double recording 13 points and eight rebounds.
Scott Machado paced South Bay with 22 points while Travis Wear recorded a double-double with 15 points and 12 rebounds.
The teams kept the score close opening the first frame before the Lakers went on a late run to hold a seven-point advantage over the Bighorns at the end of the quarter.
The Bighorns retook control of the lead after going on a 17-7 run with 3:45 left in the half. Reno headed into the locker room with a score of 66-55 over South Bay.
Jones scored 16 points of his 21 points in the first half.
South Bay opened the second half on a 20-5 run to retake the lead the mid-way point of the third frame. The teams exchanged the lead and five times and tied three time before Reno went on a late run behind Harrison's nine-points to hold a four-point advantage heading into the final frame.
The Lakers cut the gap to two points opening the final frame after a lay-up from Ingram. Reno expanded their lead to seven points by the 5:21 mark. South Bay would get within three points twice in the final three minutes of regulation but were unable to eclipse Reno's lead.
The Bighorns will next travel to Sioux Falls, SD to face the Skyforce on Friday, Feb. 9 at 5 p.m. PDT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 7, 2018
- Military Night February 13 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Memphis Hustle to host Faith and Family Night presented by Belhaven University - Memphis Hustle
- Bighorns Get Win in Pacific Divison Matchup - Reno Bighorns
- South Bay Falls to Reno in Back-And-Forth Battle - South Bay Lakers
- Drive Hold on against Bulls as Nnoko and Felder Star - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hot-Shooting Swarm Subdue Mad Ants - Greensboro Swarm
- Lakeland Magic Top the Herd at Home - Lakeland Magic
- Detroit Pistons Assign Brice Johnson to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Derrick Jones Jr. Re-Joins Heat - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Bighorns Stories
- Bighorns Drop Western Conference Semifinals to Lakers
- Coach Martin to Donate One Thousand Tickets to Local Non-Profits for Tuesday's Playoff Game
- Reno Bighorns to Play in Western Conference Semifinals on April 3
- Statement from the Reno Bighorns and Sacramento Kings Regarding the Passing of Zeke Upshaw
- Bighorns Earn Pacific Division Title with Win over Warriors