Lakeland Magic Top the Herd at Home
The Lakeland Magic (17-16), the NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, defeated the Wisconsin Herd (17-18), 119-100 and secured the win in front of a home crowd at the RP Funding Center.
The Magic were hot from the start shooting 56.5 percent (13-23 FG) from the field and 54.5 percent from three (6-11 3FG) in the first frame to help create a 37-30 Magic lead. The Magic momentum carried over into the second quarter as Lakeland would to outscore the Herd 29-25 with a score of 66-55 heading into the half.
The Magic extended their lead to 17 points going into the fourth and cruised through the quarter for a final score of 119-100.
Rodney Purvis was hot on the night with 28 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists. Jamel Artis had 21 points, 3 rebounds and 4 assists. Troy Caupain was an impressive 4 for 6 from the three-point line with 7 rebounds and 7 assists. Antonio Campbell came off the bench to contribute a solid 11 points in approximately 26 minutes of play proving to be an impactful addition to the team.
For the Herd, Ricky Ledo had 22 points and 6 rebounds. Bucks Assignment Player, D.J. Wilson had 14 points, 4 rebounds and 2 assists. James Blackmon Jr. scored 13 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists. Eron Harris came off the bench to post 11 points in just 7:35 of play.
The Magic play their next game on the road against the Greensboro Swarm on Friday, February 9, at 7 p.m. The Magic edged out the victory against the Swarm, in their previous match-up in a close race. The game can be seen on Twitch. The Wisconsin Herd take on the Grand Rapids Drive on Friday, February 9, at 7:00 p.m.
Lakeland Magic single game tickets and group tickets are available now. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 7, 2018
- Military Night February 13 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Memphis Hustle to host Faith and Family Night presented by Belhaven University - Memphis Hustle
- Bighorns Get Win in Pacific Divison Matchup - Reno Bighorns
- South Bay Falls to Reno in Back-And-Forth Battle - South Bay Lakers
- Drive Hold on against Bulls as Nnoko and Felder Star - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hot-Shooting Swarm Subdue Mad Ants - Greensboro Swarm
- Lakeland Magic Top the Herd at Home - Lakeland Magic
- Detroit Pistons Assign Brice Johnson to Grand Rapids Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Derrick Jones Jr. Re-Joins Heat - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.