De La Rosa Promoted From Tampa To Trenton
(Trenton, NJ)- The Trenton Thunder, Double-A Affiliate of the New York Yankees, have announced that LHP Wilkin De La Rosa has been promoted from Tampa (High-A) to Trenton. De La Rosa will start tonight against Binghamton (Double-A affiliate of the New York Mets). To clear a spot for De La Rosa on the roster, C P.J. Pilittere was transferred from Trenton to Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (Triple-A).
De La Rosa is 1-0 with a 1.29 ERA in three starts for Tampa this season. In 2008, the 6-foot left-hander made 32 combined appearances (11 starts) between Tampa and Charleston going 9-4 with a 2.11 ERA. The El Seibo, Dominican Republic native was converted from an outfielder to a pitcher prior to the 2007 season, and has a career .224 batting average. In his first season as a pitcher in 2007, the southpaw went 1-0 with a 2.63 ERA in 12 appearances with the Gulf Coast League Yankees. De La Rosa, who is a member of the 40-man roster, was signed by the Yankees as a non-drafted free agent on November 15, 2001.
Pilittere did not appear in a game with the Thunder. He had a .317 BA with a home run and five RBI in 12 games for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. He appeared in 97 games for the Thunder in 2008, and batted .277 with three home runs and 48 RBI. He was selected to the Eastern League All-Star game, and led the Thunder to the Eastern League Championship. In 2007, he appeared in a career-high 100 games for the Thunder and hit .261 with two home runs and 34 RBI. Pilittere was originally selected in the 13th round of the 2004 draft from Cal-State Fullerton. He led Cal-State Fullerton to the 2004 College World Series Title.
Trenton returns Waterfront Park tonight to begin a three-game series against the Binghamton Mets. De La Rosa will be opposed by RHP Dylan Owen (0-2, 6.66). Game time is set for 7:05 pm. To purchase tickets call 609-394-3300 or order online at www.trentonthunder.com.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from May 8, 2009
- Dogs erase eight-run deficit but lose 12-11 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Dopirak hits 2 HRs, has 8 RBIs in 18-6 rout of Defenders - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Aeros Return Home, Defeat Senators 6-4 - Akron RubberDucks
- B-Mets Dodge Shutout, Fall to Trenton, 9-2 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Trenton defeats Binghamton 9-2 - Trenton Thunder
- Baysox Drop First Of Three In Erie - Bowie Baysox
- Defenders Fall 18-6/ Series 0-1 - Connecticut Defenders
- Senators Fall Short in Akron 6-4 - Harrisburg Senators
- R-Phils' late bomb drops Altoona, 3-1 - Altoona Curve
- Aeros Media Notes - Akron RubberDucks
- De La Rosa Promoted From Tampa To Trenton - Trenton Thunder
- Citizens Bank Kids Run The Show Coming June 6th - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs to Wear Pink Jersey's on Mother's Day - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sea Dogs Host 9th Annual Mother's Day 5K - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Trenton Thunder Stories
- Welcome North Open House Set for Tuesday, April 3
- Philadelphia and New York Police Departments Meet as Part of All-Star Classic at ARM & HAMMER Park
- Fox Sports 920 AM the Jersey Returns as Flagship Station for 2018 Season
- Aaron Judge Mini Bat, Pork Roll Celebration Night Highlight 2018 Promotional Schedule
- NJM and the Trenton Thunder - the Capital City's All-Star