Danforth Heads Back to Rochester
Cincinnati, OH- The Cincinnati Cyclones, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's (NHL) Buffalo Sabres and American Hockey League's (AHL) Rochester Americans, have announced that forward Justin Danforth has been recalled by the Americans for the second time this season.
Danforth is currently leading all ECHL first years and is second in overall League scoring with 28 goals and 30 assists through 44 games this season. He is currently riding a seven-game point streak totaling seven goals and 10 assists in that time, including a four-point performance on Saturday night (2g, 2a) that also featured the game-winning goal in overtime. Additionally, he enjoyed an 11-game point streak from November 18-December 15, accounting for seven goals and 10 assists in that span.
He was also the Cyclones' representative in this season's CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic, recording a goal and emerging victorious in the Fastest Skater Competition, setting a new ECHL record with a lap of 12.75 seconds.
A native of Oshawa, ON, turned pro late in 2016-17, skating in nine games between the ECHL's Reading Royals and the Americans and AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers, totaling three goals and two assists in that time. Prior to turning pro, Danforth had an outstanding career at Sacred Heart University where he amassed 124 points (42g, 82a) in 147 games. He also served as assistant captain during his senior season.
The 2017-18 season is underway, and the Cincinnati Cyclones want YOU along for the ride! Call (513) 421-PUCK for information regarding Cyclones single game tickets, ticket packages, and Season and Group Tickets! Also, stay on top of the latest team updates on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, http://click.mail.cycloneshockey.com/
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 13, 2018
- Wichita Snaps Losing Skid in Cincy - Wichita Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Fall to Gladiators 5-0 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cincinnati's Third Comeback Falls Short against Thunder - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Driedger Stands Tall as Beast Defeat Walleye - Brampton Beast
- Mayhem for the Swamp Rabbits as Gladiators Cruise to 5-0 Road Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Faragher Signs Tryout Agreement with AHL Stockton - Idaho Steelheads
- Monarchs Announce Multiple Transactions - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - February 13 - ECHL
- Mallards, Doland Jewelers Host Wedding on Ice Friday - Quad City Mallards
- Royals Acquire G Branden Komm from Manchester for Rights to D Adam Comrie - Reading Royals
- Kulbakov Recalled to AHL - Quad City Mallards
- Hughes, Simonelli Get AHL Calls - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Komet Garrett Thompson ECHL Player of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fort Wayne's Thompson Named Sher-Wood Hockey/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Greenville and Atlanta Set for Battle in the Upstate - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rush Swap Forwards with Iowa - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Wichita - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Colton White Reassigned to Binghamton - Adirondack Thunder
- Forward J.C. Beaudin Recalled to Rampage - Colorado Eagles
- Komets Championship Hall of Fame Weekend Set - Fort Wayne Komets
- Ouellette Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Florida Everblades
- Florida's Ouellette Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Admirals Add Former Div. III National Champ Piacentini - Norfolk Admirals
- Danforth Heads Back to Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Atlanta Trades for Skirving, Signs Two from Macon - Atlanta Gladiators
- Defenseman Anthony Calabrese Acquired from Worcester - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.