Cincinnati's Third Comeback Falls Short against Thunder
Cincinnati, OH- The Cincinnati Cyclones (27-19-2-0) dropped a 3-2 decision to the Wichita Thunder on Tuesday evening. Forward Brandon McNally netted both goals for the Cyclones, who see their five-game winning streak come to an end.
After the Thunder took a 1-0 lead after the first on a goal from forward Travis Ewanyk, Cincinnati got in the board 14:05 into the second when McNally slammed in a rebound off a shot from defenseman Anthony Florentino to tie the game, 1-1, after 40 minutes.
The Thunder wasted little time regaining the lead in the third, as just 3:30, defenseman Jeremy Beaudry lit the lamp for his tenth goal of the season to put Wichita ahead, 2-1.
Cincinnati was not deterred and evened the game back up with 4:30 to play in regulation when forward/defenseman Mike Barrett won a face-off back to McNally, and he rifled in the game-tying goal to pull the Cyclones even, 2-2.
The momentum was short-lived however, as just 1:06 later the Thunder netted the game-winner when a shot from defenseman Travis Brown was tipped in by forward Nick Latta to lift Wichita to a 3-2 victory.
The Cyclones were outshot, 31-24 on the evening, with goaltender Jonas Johansson steering aside 28 in the loss. Cincinnati next heads to Reading on Friday night, in the finale of a two-game season series. Face-off is slated for 7:00pm ET.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 13, 2018
- Wichita Snaps Losing Skid in Cincy - Wichita Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Fall to Gladiators 5-0 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cincinnati's Third Comeback Falls Short against Thunder - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Driedger Stands Tall as Beast Defeat Walleye - Brampton Beast
- Mayhem for the Swamp Rabbits as Gladiators Cruise to 5-0 Road Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Faragher Signs Tryout Agreement with AHL Stockton - Idaho Steelheads
- Monarchs Announce Multiple Transactions - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - February 13 - ECHL
- Mallards, Doland Jewelers Host Wedding on Ice Friday - Quad City Mallards
- Royals Acquire G Branden Komm from Manchester for Rights to D Adam Comrie - Reading Royals
- Kulbakov Recalled to AHL - Quad City Mallards
- Hughes, Simonelli Get AHL Calls - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Komet Garrett Thompson ECHL Player of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fort Wayne's Thompson Named Sher-Wood Hockey/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Greenville and Atlanta Set for Battle in the Upstate - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rush Swap Forwards with Iowa - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Wichita - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Colton White Reassigned to Binghamton - Adirondack Thunder
- Forward J.C. Beaudin Recalled to Rampage - Colorado Eagles
- Komets Championship Hall of Fame Weekend Set - Fort Wayne Komets
- Ouellette Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Florida Everblades
- Florida's Ouellette Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Admirals Add Former Div. III National Champ Piacentini - Norfolk Admirals
- Danforth Heads Back to Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Atlanta Trades for Skirving, Signs Two from Macon - Atlanta Gladiators
- Defenseman Anthony Calabrese Acquired from Worcester - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cincinnati Cyclones Stories
- Cyclones Announce 2018-19 Season Schedule
- Cyclones Season Comes to An End Following Game 5 Loss
- Cyclones Game Notes: 2018 Kelly Cup Divisional Semifinals vs. Ft. Wayne- Game 5
- Cyclones Pushed to Brink Following Game 4 Loss
- Cyclones Announce Second Round Playoff Dates