Atlanta Trades for Skirving, Signs Two from Macon
DULUTH, Ga. - The Atlanta Gladiators have acquired forward Todd Skirving via trade from the Utah Grizzlies for future considerations and signed forwards Jake Trask and Daniel Gentzler from the SPHL's Macon Mayhem.
Skirving, 25, has split time with the Utah Grizzlies and Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL this season. The Thunder Bay, ON native has notched two points (1-1-2) in six games for the Grizzlies and nine points (5-4-9) in 19 games with the Solar Bears. The rookie forward skated four full seasons for Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) and earned 51 points (19-32-51) in 127 career games. The former captain of the USHL's Sioux Falls Stampede set career highs in goals (6), assists (10) and points (16) in 39 games with the Tigers during his junior campaign in 2015-16.
Trask, 26, currently leads the SPHL's Macon Mayhem in scoring with 44 points (17-27-44) in 35 games. The Saskatoon, SK native has appeared in 221 SPHL games over five seasons for Macon, Peoria and Louisiana amassing 200 total points (88-112-200) and helped the Mayhem to the SPHL championship last season. The 6-foot, 174-pound center has registered seven points (2-5-7) in 22 career ECHL games including two this season for the Wichita Thunder. Prior to turning pro, Trask appeared in 266 games in the WHL notching 161 points (76-85-161) with Saskatoon and Kamloops.
Gentzler, 27, is second on the Mayhem with 24 assists and fifth overall in points with 28 (4-24-28) in 30 games played. The third-year pro has accumulated 104 points (29-75-104) in 132 games with Macon. The Hermosa Beach, CA native has stints in the ECHL with Elmira, and Toledo over the last three seasons managing three assists in 14 total games. The Colgate University product most recently skated five games for the Toledo Walleye this year earning one helper. The Mayhem captain was also a member of the 2016-17 SPHL Presidents Cup Championship team in Macon posting six points (4-2-6) in seven playoff games.
In a non-related transaction, defenseman Ben Danford has been placed on the 21-day injured-reserve list.
The Atlanta Gladiators 15th Anniversary season continues at the Infinite Energy Arena Friday, February 16th against the Manchester Monarchs at 7:35 PM. For ticket information, visit the official team website at www.atlantagladiators.com or call the main office line at 770-497-5100.
The Gladiators are members of the ECHL, the nation's premier "AA" hockey league. All home games are played at the 10,867-seat Infinite Energy Arena, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth - where parking is always free. The Gladiators have established an unrivaled commitment to excellence, maintaining a distinctive reputation for affordable and family-friendly sports entertainment and consistently ranked as one of the top "Things To Do" in the Atlanta area and across the North Georgia region.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 13, 2018
- Wichita Snaps Losing Skid in Cincy - Wichita Thunder
- Swamp Rabbits Fall to Gladiators 5-0 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Cincinnati's Third Comeback Falls Short against Thunder - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Driedger Stands Tall as Beast Defeat Walleye - Brampton Beast
- Mayhem for the Swamp Rabbits as Gladiators Cruise to 5-0 Road Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Faragher Signs Tryout Agreement with AHL Stockton - Idaho Steelheads
- Monarchs Announce Multiple Transactions - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - February 13 - ECHL
- Mallards, Doland Jewelers Host Wedding on Ice Friday - Quad City Mallards
- Royals Acquire G Branden Komm from Manchester for Rights to D Adam Comrie - Reading Royals
- Kulbakov Recalled to AHL - Quad City Mallards
- Hughes, Simonelli Get AHL Calls - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Komet Garrett Thompson ECHL Player of the Week - Fort Wayne Komets
- Fort Wayne's Thompson Named Sher-Wood Hockey/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Wheeling Nailers Weekly Report - Wheeling Nailers
- Greenville and Atlanta Set for Battle in the Upstate - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Rush Swap Forwards with Iowa - Rapid City Rush
- Cyclones Game Notes: vs. Wichita - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Colton White Reassigned to Binghamton - Adirondack Thunder
- Forward J.C. Beaudin Recalled to Rampage - Colorado Eagles
- Komets Championship Hall of Fame Weekend Set - Fort Wayne Komets
- Ouellette Named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Florida Everblades
- Florida's Ouellette Named CCM/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Admirals Add Former Div. III National Champ Piacentini - Norfolk Admirals
- Danforth Heads Back to Rochester - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Atlanta Trades for Skirving, Signs Two from Macon - Atlanta Gladiators
- Defenseman Anthony Calabrese Acquired from Worcester - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.