'Dads Walk-Off in 10th against Charleston
Hickory, NC - The Crawdads defeated the Lexington Legends 3-2 on Tuesday evening on a walk-off single in the 10th inning by Miguel Aparicio.
The 'Dads offense wasted no time putting a rally together, jumping ahead 2-0. Jonathan Ornelas and Miguel Aparicio both singled to lead off the bottom of the first. Both runners stole a base to put men on second and third. Sherten Apostel singled to left to bring Ornelas in to score. Melvin Novoa hit the inning's fourth single to score Aparicio.
The Legends tied the game up with a pair of runs off Crawdads starter Ronny Henriquez in the third inning. Henriquez finished the evening with four innings pitched, five strikeouts, no walks, three hits allowed and was charged with two earned runs.
The game remained tied through the tenth inning, when Miguel Aparicio delivered the game winning hit. Jose Almonte began the inning as the designated runner on second base. Frainyer Chavez dropped a bunt single to advance Almonte to third. The Legends intentionally walked Ornelas to load the bases. Aparicio stepped up to the plate and delivered a single to left to win the game for the 'Dads.
Tomorrow evening the series continues with Kids Win Wednesday. All kids 12 and under will get a free ticket, meal voucher, and a pass for the speed pitch, bounce house, and carousel thanks to NC Pediatric Dentistry. It is also Wine Wednesday which means Carolina Vines and Catawba Farms will be on the concourse for a wine sampling. The first pitch is at 6:30pm and gates open at 5:30pm.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from May 21, 2019
- Eight Run Second Launches Suns to 12-5 Win - Hagerstown Suns
- Trio of Homers Not Enough in 10-7 Loss to Greensboro - West Virginia Power
- 'Claws Beat 'Birds on Mid-Inning Attrition - Delmarva Shorebirds
- RiverDogs Offense Surges Late, But Falls Short to Tourists in Road Trip Opener - Charleston RiverDogs
- Montes Bunts Home the Game Winner - Asheville Tourists
- Errors Bite Jackets in Series Opener - Augusta GreenJackets
- 'Dads Walk-Off in 10th against Charleston - Hickory Crawdads
- Kroon Comes Through; Claws Hold off Birds for 4-2 Tuesday Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Big Fourth Inning Propels Fireflies to Win - Columbia Fireflies
- Fireflies Roster Move and Game Notes - May 21 vs. Greenville (Game 45) - Columbia Fireflies
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (May 21) - West Virginia Power
- Columbia Wins Finale 4-2 over Rome - Rome Braves
- 'Birds Rise Back from Dead, Stun K-Town - Delmarva Shorebirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.