D-Man Returns to the Pond
Toledo, OH- Defenseman Kevin Lohan, who appeared in six games late last season for the Walleye, has agreed to terms with the Toledo Walleye for the 2018-19 season.
Lohan collected three assists and was an outstanding plus six in his six games for the Walleye after completing his college career. The 6'5", 220-pound defenseman completed playing as a grad student this past year for Boston College season with two goals, six assists and 10 penalty minutes with an impressive plus 14 in 22 games for the Eagles. Prior to that, the Cold Spring Harbor, New York native, spent four years at the University of Michigan, appearing in 64 games with a pair of goals, nine assists and 34 penalty minutes.
"We are excited to have such a steady defenseman like Kevin back on our blue line," said Head Coach Dan Watson. "In limited time at the end of last year we saw what he can do and that experience will be valuable to him coming into his first full pro season."
The 24-year-old received a medical redshirt for the 2015-16 season when he skated in just two games for Michigan allowing to play a grad year at Boston College. He finished his college career with a total of 86 games with 19 points (4G, 15A), 44 penalty minutes and plus 31. Prior to his collegiate career, Lohan appeared in 54 games with the Merritt Centennials of the BCHL. In that one season, he scored five goals with 18 assists with 26 penalty minutes.
Your Toledo Walleye will open their 10th season downtown at the Huntington Center on Saturday, October 27 against division rival Fort Wayne Komets. Opening Night tickets, Walleye Premium Giveaway packages and FINatic memberships are on sale now by visiting toledowalleye.com or by calling the Walleye box office at 419-725-9255. Keep up with all your Walleye action by following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 10, 2018
- Americans Welcome New Defenseman to the Mix - Allen Americans
- Leading Scorer Cuddemi Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Add Rookie Forward Ryan Lough - Orlando Solar Bears
- Former Teammates Watson, Eick Sign with Mavericks for 2018-19 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nailers Team up with Garrett Smithley for NASCAR Xfinity Series Race - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Re-Sign Rob Hamilton for 2018-19 Season - Manchester Monarchs
- D-Man Returns to the Pond - Toledo Walleye
- Two More Forwards in Mariners Mix Including Durham, NH Native - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.