Leading Scorer Cuddemi Returns to Wichita
Wichita, KS - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today the re-signing of forward Ralph Cuddemi (CUH-dem-ee) for the 2018-19 season.
"Ralph had a tremendous season with us and we look forward to his building on that success this upcoming year," commented Head Coach Malcolm Cameron. "He's an elite scorer at this level, but also does the little things that coaches and teammates admire. He's well respected in the locker room and we look for him to take on a leadership role this season."
The 25-year-old out of Concord, Ontario returns to the Thunder for a second season. He was acquired in a trade with the Fort Wayne Komets last November and went on to have a terrific season. Cuddemi finished tied for fifth in the ECHL for goals (33) and 13th overall in points with 64. He was named the team's MVP and also won the Greater Wichita Area Sports Commission's Pro Athlete of the Year.
"I'm excited to be returning to Wichita to play in front of the best fans in the ECHL," stated Cuddemi. "Coach Cameron has assembled a Kelly Cup contending team and I couldn't be more thrilled to be a part of it."
The 6-foot-1, 185-pound forward enters his third full year as a pro after appearing in nine games for the Florida Everblades in 2015-16. During Cuddemi's first full rookie season, he recorded 52 points (27g, 25a) in 64 games for the Utah Grizzlies in 2016-17.
Prior to turning pro, Cuddemi played four years at Canisius College. He served as the team's captain during his senior year and tallied 42 points (20g, 22a) in 39 games. He led the Golden Griffins in goals in each of the last three seasons and won a AHA Championship in 2013. Cuddemi was named to two AHA Second All-Conference teams during his career.
Season tickets for the 2018-19 campaign are on sale now. Get your seats for just $15 per month. All it takes is a $1 down per seat to reserve yours today. To learn more, click here or contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from August 10, 2018
- Americans Welcome New Defenseman to the Mix - Allen Americans
- Leading Scorer Cuddemi Returns to Wichita - Wichita Thunder
- Solar Bears Add Rookie Forward Ryan Lough - Orlando Solar Bears
- Former Teammates Watson, Eick Sign with Mavericks for 2018-19 Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nailers Team up with Garrett Smithley for NASCAR Xfinity Series Race - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Re-Sign Rob Hamilton for 2018-19 Season - Manchester Monarchs
- D-Man Returns to the Pond - Toledo Walleye
- Two More Forwards in Mariners Mix Including Durham, NH Native - Maine Mariners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.