D-Man Paiement reassigned to Blades
ESTERO, FL - Florida Everblades president and general manager Craig Brush along with head coach Malcolm Cameron announced today that defenseman Jonathan Paiement was reassigned to the Everblades by the Albany River Rats of the American Hockey League.
At the start of the 2008-09 season Paiement (pronounced: PAY-mont) skated in nine games with the Everblades scoring nine points (3g, 6a) before being re-called to Albany in the second week of November where he remained for the duration of the regular season.
With the River Rats the 24-year-old saw action in 45 games tallying 12 points (1g, 11a) and 38 penalty minutes. Last year Paiement split the campaign between three different clubs in the ECHL and AHL.
Paiement began last season with the Texas Wildcatters in the ECHL where he registered 17 points (3g, 14a) in 22 games. The Montreal, Quebec native also saw action with the Hershey Bears and the Rockford Ice Hogs in the AHL, tallying two goals in three games with Rockford and notching 13 points (2g, 11a) in 37 games with the Bears.
In 2004, the New York Rangers selected Paiement in the 8th round of the NHL Entry Draft.
In a separate transaction, the Everblades added Adrien LeMay as an emergency back-up goaltender. LeMay competed at the junior level this past season with the Lewiston Maineiacs of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League where he was 6-11-2 with a 4.35 goals against average.
BEWARE OF THE BITE! Action You Can Sink Your Teeth Into! Individual tickets to Kelly Cup Playoff games "A" & "B" on April 10 & 11 are on sale now! Visit the Germain Arena Box Office M-F from 10-6 to purchase tickets, or order online at www.ticketmaster.com. Visit www.floridaeverblades.com and www.germainarena.com or call 239-948-PUCK for more information on group ticket packages, pricing and upcoming Germain Arena events.
The Everblades return to action tonight when they host the Gwinnett Gladiators at 7:30 p.m. in Game 1 of the South Division semi-finals from Germain Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 10, 2009
- Reign Tops Thunder, 4-3 - Ontario Reign
- Devils Lose to Jackals in ECHL Record Four-Overtime Game, 5-4 - Trenton Devils
- Nailers Take 2 Games to 0 Lead in Playoffs! - Wheeling Nailers
- Blades draw first blood, battle from behind for 5-3 win - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators fall to Everblades 5-3; Trail Series 1-0 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Wheeling Opens Two Game Lead In Series With 3-1 Win - Cincinnati Cyclones
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Dallas Stars Assign Goaltender Matt Climie Back To Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Wranglers Kelly Cup Daily - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Game Preview (game 1): Stockton Thunder At Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- Taylor Returns From AHL, Wranglers Host Game One Tonight - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Nailers To Host Pre-Game Party Saturday Night - Wheeling Nailers
- Kelly Cup Quest Daily - South Carolina Stingrays
- D-Man Paiement reassigned to Blades - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Two for Tanner: Jeannot's Two Strikes Help 'Blades Sweep Norfolk
- Opening Statement: 'Blades Top Admirals 4-3 to Pick up First Win
- Everblades Announce 2019-20 Season-Opening Roster
- WJBX News, Talk & More Returns as Broadcast Home of the 'Blades
- Everblades Add Dehner, Trade Lammon, Hudon to Allen