D.C. United Signs Defender Lyle Adams
Washington, D.C. (March 17, 2010) - D.C. United announced today the club has signed defender Lyle Adams to a developmental contract. The centerback joined United on trial at the beginning of the current preseason campaign, after being originally drafted by the club in the 2009 MLS SuperDraft.
"We're excited to sign Lyle after identifying him at last year's draft as a player that could help us," said United General Manager Dave Kasper. "He is a young player with good potential, who will add quality depth to our backline. We look forward to his contributions to the club."
Born in Kingston, Jamaica, Adams was drafted 26th overall in the second round of the 2009 MLS SuperDraft but decided to pursue European option. After trials with clubs in Austria, Switzerland and Belgium, Adams landed in the United Soccer League's Austin Aztex.
Adams spent four years at Wake Forest University, earning a starting spot during his freshman year and an NCAA Division I National Championship in 2007. Adams finished his collegiate career with 11 total goals and six assists.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 17, 2010
- Real Salt Lake Takes Care of Charleston 3-1 - Real Salt Lake
- Wizards Game Versus A.C. St. Louis Moved To Friday - Sporting Kansas City
- D.C. United Signs Defender Lyle Adams - D.C. United
- Kansas City Wizards Sign Midfielder Birahim Diop - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Owner Lew Wolff Speaks Out About Labor Issues - San Jose Earthquakes
- Red Bulls Announce Free Newark Trolley Service To All Red Bulls Matches - New York Red Bulls
- Josh Lambo Loaned To Tampa Bay Rowdies - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Forward Wayne Rooney Voted MLS Player of the Week
- D.C. United Beat Real Salt Lake 5-0 at Audi Field
- D.C. United Secures Prestigious Friendly against Real Betis in May
- Paul Arriola Receives Call-Up to USMNT for Upcoming Friendlies
- D.C. United Beat Atlanta 2-0 in MLS Opener at Audi Field