D.C. United finalizes signing of Guy-Roland Kpene
Washington, D.C. (May 3, 2007) - D.C. United announced today they have officially signed Guy-Roland Kpene, after the forward received visa approval this evening. Kpene was originally acquired via the Supplemental Draft and has been with the team since the beginning of pre-season. He is available for selection in tonight's match versus the New England Revolution (7 p.m. ET). Per Major League Soccer policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"We are pleased that Guy has been cleared to play," said United Technical Director Dave Kasper. "He has shown us a lot positive qualities in the short amount of time he has been with us and we look forward to his contributions."
Taken in the third round (37th overall) in the Supplemental Draft, Kpene joins D.C. from Dowling College where he helped the Golden Lions to the 2006 Division II National Championship. A native of Abidjan, Ivory Cost, Kpene was named as a 2006 NSCAA All-American (second team) after he notched 25 goals and 10 assists. He ranked fifth nationally last season in points scored per game and totaled seven game-winning goals.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 3, 2007
- Dorman scores his third goal of the season as Revs push undefeated streak to four games - New England Revolution
- D.C. United finalizes signing of Guy-Roland Kpene - D.C. United
- 2007 Sierra Mist MLS All-Star Game Tickets On Sale May 5 - MLS
- Los Angeles Galaxy Trade Defender Shavar Thomas to Chivas USA - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Offers Five-Game MLS Stars Plan - D.C. United
- Fire to Host International Friendlies vs. Celtic, Cracovia - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Beat Colorado Rapids 3-2 on the Road
- D.C. United Announce Two Washington Spirit Matches at Audi Field
- D.C. United Draw 0-0 with Montreal at Audi Field
- D.C. United Fall to LAFC 4-0 at Audi Field
- D.C. United Announce Complimentary FloFC Subscriptions for Black-And-Red Fans in April