Los Angeles Galaxy Trade Defender Shavar Thomas to Chivas USA
CARSON, Calif. (Thursday, May 3, 2007) - The Los Angeles Galaxy have acquired Chivas USA's natural second selection in the 2009 MLS SuperDraft in exchange for defender Shavar Thomas.
"This move reflects a change in the circumstances surrounding our current and future defensive personnel," Galaxy President and General Manager Alexi Lalas said. "We thank Shavar for his efforts and wish him much success with his new team."
Thomas was acquired by the Galaxy on March 23, 2007 from the Kansas City Wizards for a conditional second round pick in the 2008 MLS SuperDraft. In his short time with the Galaxy, Thomas appeared in one U.S. Open Cup game, one preseason game and one friendly. He was on the bench for all three of the club's regular season games but did not see any action.
The Galaxy are back in action next week with a pair of home games at The Home Depot Center. On Tuesday, May 8 L.A. hosts the Eastern Conference leading New York Red Bulls in a U.S. Open Cup Play-In Game at 7:30 p.m. Four days later, on Saturday, May 12, the Galaxy return to MLS play when they take on the New England Revolution at 7:30 p.m. For tickets to these games or any other Galaxy game, please visit www.lagalaxy.com or call toll-free 1-877-3GALAXY.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 3, 2007
- Dorman scores his third goal of the season as Revs push undefeated streak to four games - New England Revolution
- D.C. United finalizes signing of Guy-Roland Kpene - D.C. United
- 2007 Sierra Mist MLS All-Star Game Tickets On Sale May 5 - MLS
- Los Angeles Galaxy Trade Defender Shavar Thomas to Chivas USA - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Offers Five-Game MLS Stars Plan - D.C. United
- Fire to Host International Friendlies vs. Celtic, Cracovia - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 3, Minnesota United FC 2
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Jonathan dos Santos Called up to Mexican National Team
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Called up to U.S. Men's National Team
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, FC Dallas 2 - Saturday, March 9, 2019
- LA Galaxy Sign Forward Ethan Zubak