Cutthroats Lose First Regulation Game at Home
Denver - The Denver Cutthroats hosted the Brampton Beast for the second night in the two-game weekend series on Saturday, November 23 at the Denver Coliseum. The Cutthroats fell by two to the Beast for the team's first home regulation loss of the season with a final score of 4-2.
In what looked like a repeat of the previous night's game, the score stood 0-0 at first intermission. The Beast were the first to put up a goal in the second period as Tylor Michel (Josh McQuade, Matt Caruana) fired a puck past the Cutthroats Kieran Millan. Denver's Michael Schumacher (Garett Bembridge, Lee Moffie) tied the score 1-1 only three minutes later. With one second left on a four-on-three advantage for the Beast, Rob Collins (Jamie VanderVeeken, Michel) gave Brampton the lead 2-1 over the Denver Cutthroats. Denver's Bembridge (Schumacher, Phil Tesoriero) found the back of Brampton's net to tie the score 2-2 and close the period.
Brampton took the lead for the third time of the night as Jason Pitton (Calin Wild, Caruana) buried the puck into the net. The Beast took a two-point lead for the first and final time in regulation as Rob Collins (Michael MacIsaac, VanderVeeken) scored his second goal of the night. The Brampton Beast left the Coliseum with a 4-2 victory over the Denver Cutthroats.
The Denver Cutthroats will hit the road for a five-game away series. The Cutthroats will stop first in Rapid City, to face the Rush for the first time in the 2013-14 season on Wednesday, November 27. The teams will meet again on Friday, November 29 and Saturday, November 30. The road series continues in St. Charles on Friday, December 6 and Saturday, December 7. The Denver Cutthroats return to the Denver Coliseum to face the St. Charles Chill on Wednesday, December 11. For ticket information, visit DenverCutthroats.com or call 866.464.2626.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 24, 2013
- Tulsa Caps off Weekend Series with 4-2 Win over Allen - Tulsa Oilers
- Oilers Take Down Americans 4-2 - Allen Americans
- Thunder Drop Second Straight to Rush 4-2 - Wichita Thunder
- Sundogs Down Mallards, Sweep Weekend Set - Arizona Sundogs
- Fox Scores Twice; Chill Dominates Mavs - St. Charles Chill
- Mavericks Fall to Chill 5-3 at Home - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Fall in Shootout - Quad City Mallards
- Americans Lose a Wild Affair on a Record Breaking Night - Allen Americans
- Cutthroats Lose First Regulation Game at Home - Denver Cutthroats
- Oilers Outlast Americans in Wild 10-8 Victory - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Denver Cutthroats Stories
- Veteran Defenseman Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Former Open Tryout Participant Returns to the Denver Cutthroats
- Denver Cutthroats Hold Third Annual Open Tryouts
- Denver Cutthroats Add Two More to 2014-15 Roster
- Two Veterans Add Depth to Cutthroats 2014-15 Roster