Cutters Finish 2019 in Suspended Tie Game
Williamsport, Penn. - The Crosscutters season finale on Monday afternoon resulted in an odd and somewhat unsatisfying finish to the 2019 season. With Williamsport and State College tied at 3-3 in the middle of the ninth inning the game was called due to rain thus denying the Cutters a chance for their second walk-off win of the series. The suspended game will not be completed and results in an end-of-season tie. All stats from the game count towards the final statistics.
Williamsport finishes the season at 32-43 including 22-16 in the second half of the campaign after going 10-27 in the first half.
Rudy Rott was 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored and Nicolas Torres added an RBI single as well.
Rafael Carvajal won the team's Pitcher of the Year award before the game and then entered in relief retiring 12 consecutive batters.
Corbin Williams became the fifth Crosscutter to win the NYPL Stolen Base Crown. His 30 swipes placed him one ahead of J.D. Orr who had 29.
Kendall Simmons finished with 12 home runs which is third-most in Crosscutters history and second-most in the New York-Penn League.
The Crosscutters 2020 Home Opener is Friday, June 19 against State College. The Cutters will open the 2020 season on the road at State College on Thursday, June 18. The full schedule for next season is available at Crosscutters.com
SC 3 7 2 (5)
WIL 3 7 1 (5)
W - None
L - None
Crosscutters Record: 32-43
Next Game: Thursday, June 18, 2020 - Crosscutters at State College
Next Home Game/Promotion: Friday, June 19, 2020 - Crosscutters vs. State College / OPENING NIGHT!!
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from September 2, 2019
- Clinching 'Clones - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Spikes Finish 39-36, Season Finale against 'Cutters Halted by Rain Tied at 3-3 - State College Spikes
- Doubledays Wrap up Season with Loss to Batavia - Auburn Doubledays
- Renegades Drop Finale to Ironbirds - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Cutters Finish 2019 in Suspended Tie Game - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Black Bears Finish the 2019 Season in Second Place - West Virginia Black Bears
- Tigers Fall in Final Contest to Conclude 2019 Season - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Three Run Third, Strong Pitching Lead Spinners to Victory - Lowell Spinners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Williamsport Crosscutters Stories
- Cutters Release 2021 Rhashan Wall Calendar
- Cutters to Hold Free Drive-Thru Trick Or Treat Event
- Laptop Giveaway Entries Due September 7
- Cutters Launch Reading Contest
- COVID-19 Claims 2020 Cutters Season