C's Fall 6-5 to Yakima in 12 Innings on Saturday
(Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium - Vancouver, BC) - Vancouver native David Narodowski grew up just blocks from Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium as a child and on Saturday, his bat was a large reason why the Yakima Bears topped the Vancouver Canadians 6-5 in 12 innings.
The Vancouver, B.C. native went 3-for-5 with a double that came in the top of the 12th inning before coming around to score on a hard hit single from SS Garrett Weber giving Yakima their first lead and victory of the series.
Canadians SS Shane Opitz went 3-for-6 in the loss including a double that helped Vancouver to an early lead.
Tied at 5-5 in the bottom of the 8th inning, the C's had a glorious chance to break from Yakima by loading the bases with just one out, but Bears RHP Evan Marshall struck out 3B Balbino Fuermayor and got 1B Randy Schwartz to pop out to center to end the threat and set the stage for extra innings.
With the loss, Vancouver falls to 1-1 (.500) on the season while the Yakima Bears improve to 1-1 (.500).
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from June 19, 2011
- Nicholas Notches Walk-Off Hit in Indians Win - Spokane Indians
- C's Shutout Yakima 4-0 on Father's Day - Vancouver Canadians
- Bears Bats Silent In Defeat - Yakima Bears
- Volcanoes 4th of July Events - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Indians Defeat Volcanoes & Mother Nature in 7-2 Win - Spokane Indians
- C's Fall 6-5 to Yakima in 12 Innings on Saturday - Vancouver Canadians
- Narodowski, Bears Win 6-5 in Extra Innings - Yakima Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.