Crew GM Mark McCullers One Of The Featured Guests At Second Annual Morning Sports Report
Columbus, OH - Columbus sports fans will have a unique opportunity to get the inside scoop from some of the city's top sports teams and representatives when the second-annual Morning Sports Report is held Aug. 23 at the Greater Columbus Sports Commission.
The event, a fundraiser for the Greater Columbus Sports Commission, will feature Mark McCullers, general manager of the Columbus Crew, Bucky Dent, manager of the Columbus Clippers; Doug MacLean, president and general manager of the Columbus Blue Jackets; and Gene Smith, athletics director of The Ohio State University.
The sports leaders will participate in panel discussions and provide inside information about the status of each of their respective organizations. Bob Hunter, sports columnist for The Columbus Dispatch; Clay Hall, sports director of Newscenter ABC-6 & FOX-28; Dom Tiberi, sports anchor for WBNS 10TV; and Joe Weasel, sports reporter for WCMH NBC4, will moderate the discussions. Columbus sports marketing consultant Ryan Miller will serve as emcee. Linda Shetina Logan, Sports Commission executive director, and Brian Ellis, chairman of the Sports Commission's Board of Directors, will also participate.
"The Morning Sports Report will provide attendees the unique opportunity to hear from some of our community's most influential sports leaders," Logan said. "And while we'll have some of the city's top sports reporters on hand, those in attendance should bring their own questions, too."
The Morning Sports Report will be held from 7:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 23 at the Greater Columbus Convention Center. A Sports Expo featuring a variety of the city's sports teams and organizations will be held from 7:30-8 a.m., with the program at 8 a.m.
Tickets are $65 each or $700 for a table of 10. Order forms can be found at www.ColumbusSports.org. Those who purchase tickets to the event will also receive a "Columbus Sports Fan Package" that will include two tickets to a Columbus Clippers game on Aug. 26; two tickets to a Columbus Crew game on Sept. 17; two tickets to a Columbus Destroyers game in 2006; two any-day passes to the LPGA Wendy's Championship for Children, which will be held August 22-28 at Tartan Fields Golf Club; and two tickets to a Ohio State men's basketball game on Dec. 14. The tickets have a total value of more than $150.
"One of the missions of the Morning Sports Report is to celebrate the variety of sporting events that we have in our community, so we are very excited to provide our attendees two complimentary tickets to these five major sporting events," Logan said,
The Greater Columbus Sports Commission was founded in June 2002 to attract professional, amateur, collegiate and youth sporting events to Columbus. In the past three years, the Sports Commission has booked more than 50 events that have generated more than $45 million in visitors spending in Columbus. Marquee events in which the Sports Commission played a significant role in attracting to or hosting in Columbus include:
* Black American World Softball Championship (September 2003)
* FIFA Women's World Cup (September 2003)
* NSA Girls Fast Pitch World Series (June 2004)
* NCAA Men's Basketball 1st & 2nd Rounds (March 2004)
* NCAA Women's Basketball 1st & 2nd Rounds (March 2004)
* World Cup of Hockey Training Camp (June 2004)
* NCAA Frozen Four (April 2005)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 22, 2005
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - Chicago Fire
- Real Salt Lake weekly update - Real Salt Lake
- Amado Guevara named as MLS Player of the Week - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes weekly update - San Jose Earthquakes
- MetroStars Weekly Report - New York Red Bulls
- L.A. Galaxy Weekly Update - LA Galaxy
- Rapids weekly notes - Colorado Rapids
- Crew GM Mark McCullers One Of The Featured Guests At Second Annual Morning Sports Report - Columbus Crew SC
- Crew on the Road Again To Face Kansas City on Friday - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew SC to Kick-Off Special Re-Airs of Black & Gold Matches Tonight
- Haslams Donate $1.5 Million to Ohio COVID-19 Relief Funds
- To Crew Supporters from President & GM, Tim Bezbatchenko
- Columbus Crew SC Issues Statement on COVID-19
- Columbus Crew SC Statement on COVID-19 Ahead of Home Match on March 14