Coyotes Blow Away Broncos Early
EDINBURG, Texas- The Edinburg Coyotes (16-25) scored 10 runs in the second inning, a season high in a single inning, to dust off the Laredo Broncos (20-21) 16-3 Tuesday night at Edinburg.
The Coyotes also scored a season high for total runs scored as their offense exploded early to give the Coyotes a series win against Broncos. Coyotes were backed by their ace Eric Montoya (4-2) who pitched a complete game striking out eight batters and giving up only two earned runs. Richard Bartlett (1-1) picked up the loss as he pitched only 1 2/3 innings giving up 11 earned runs.
The Coyotes' offense was led by Daryl Jones who went 3-for-4 with 3 RBIs. Eric Gonzalez went 3-for-6 with 4 RBIs. Coyotes jumped on the boards in the first inning when Daryl Jones hit a two-run RBI double to center field to give them a 2-0 lead. Amado German then hit an RBI single to center to bring in Jones from third to give the Coyotes an early 3-0 advantage.
Coyotes took no mercy in the next inning as they were able to score 10 runs on five hits to give the Coyotes a whopping 13-0 lead in the second inning. Coyotes sent 14 batters to the plate during the inning. Broncos put up two runs in the fourth and another run in the fifth but the Coyotes put the finishing touches in the eighth inning as Eric Gonzalez hit an RBI double to left field to bring in Alex Entrikin and Logan Wood to the Coyotes a 16-3 victory. Coyotes play the Broncos in Game 3 of their three-game series tomorrow night at Edinburg Baseball Stadium. First pitch is at 7:05.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from June 24, 2008
- Aces overtake Colts for second place with 3-2 win - San Angelo Colts
- Coyotes Blow Away Broncos Early - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Aces take sole possession of second place - Alexandria Aces
- Broncos beaten badly in loss - Laredo Broncos
- WhiteWings win rain shortened game - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Coyote Report - Edinburg Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Edinburg Roadrunners Stories
- Roadrunners drop heart-breaker
- Roadrunners clinch second seed, homefield advantage
- Roadrunners snap 3-game skid
- Roadrunners drop series opener
- Roadrunners take opening game from Colts