Cougars Solidify Blue-Line
PRINCE GEORGE, BC- The Prince George Cougars Hockey Club has announced defenceman Cole Beamin (`01) will stay with the team for the remainder of the season.
Beamin, 17, started the season with the Nipawin Hawks in the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League. The Saskatoon, SK, native suited up in 28 games with the Hawks, picking up three points (2-1-3) to go along with 64 penalty-minutes. Beamin was drafted by the Cougars in the second-round, 32nd overall, in the 2016 WHL Bantam Draft.
The 6'4, 209 lbs. defender was an Alternate Captain last season with the Saskatoon Contacts in the Saskatchewan Midget AAA Hockey League. He had seven points (2-5-7) in 30 games with the Contacts.
In a corresponding move, the Cougars have assigned defenceman Tyson Phare ('02) to the Delta Hockey Academy in the Canadian Sport School Hockey League.
Images from this story
Prince George Cougars defenceman Shane Collins
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 11, 2019
- Close Game Decided in the Third Period - Portland Winterhawks
- Kastelic Scores in OT to Lift Hitmen - Calgary Hitmen
- WHL Announces Five-Game Suspension for Blazers' Faith - WHL
- Cougars Solidify Blue-Line - Prince George Cougars
- Game Preview: Blades Aim to Take out Hitmen - Saskatoon Blades
- Game 42 vs Regina - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Winterhawks Game Day Preview: Portland at Prince Albert - Game #42 - Portland Winterhawks
- Broncos Put 'C' on Nagel and Name Leadership Group - Swift Current Broncos
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Friday, January 11 at Saskatoon - Calgary Hitmen
- Game Day Preview: Pats Head to Medicine Hat for Final Meeting of 2018-19 with Tigers - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.