Cotton Kings Recognized in CHL Best of the Best Poll
LUBBOCK, TX: March 9, 2007 - The Central Hockey League (CHL) released the results from their annual "Best of the Best" poll, and the Lubbock Cotton Kings were recognized as having the "Best Press Box" and the "Best Game Notes."
The annual poll is based on votes conducted by CHL players, coaches and operation staff members from all 17 CHL teams, and is comprised of 46 categories. The categories range from the best valuable player to the best arena concession food. The City Bank Coliseum was selected as having the "Best Press Box" in the CHL. The press box provides and outstanding broadcast perspective high atop the ice and is located center-ice. The Kings media relations crew was also recognized as providing the "Best Game Notes." Game notes provide statistical information and storylines for media members and broadcasters covering the game.
"I can't handle what happens on the ice, but I can handle how our media members and visiting broadcasters are treated when they come to the City Bank Coliseum and I want them taken care of when they choose to take the time to cover us and our product," said Cotton Kings Director of Broadcasting Chris Due. "I certainly thank my assistant Joey Hinojosa for handling a lot of what we do from a media relations standpoint and we take pride in our press box and how we handle the media. There is not a better compliment than when your peers recognize what you do and they are all true professionals around the league."
The Cotton Kings were also recognized for having the third best "On Ice Promotions" and "Arena Music" in the CHL. Lubbock was not recognized with any player honors of the 22 player categories. The entire "Best of the Best" poll results can be viewed by logging onto the Central Hockey League's website at www.centralhockeyleague.com.
The Cotton Kings are competing in their eighth season of professional hockey in the South Plains. Lubbock is currently on the road and facing Odessa this evening, and their next home game at the City Bank Coliseum is scheduled for Friday with a 7:05 face-off against the Tulsa Oilers. Individual ticket and corporate sponsorship information is available by contacting the Cotton Kings office at (806) 747-7825. Additional 'Kings info can be found online via their official site at www.cottonkings.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 9, 2007
- Bucks Outlast Eagles 1-0 - Colorado Eagles
- RiverKings return to winning ways with 3-2 victory over Blazers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Laredo and Marvin Blank Colorado 1-0 - Laredo Bucks
- Sundogs Handed First Shootout Loss of Season - Arizona Sundogs
- Mudbugs Win 3-1 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Three-Goal Barrage Rocks the Rage - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Rayz land in playoffs with 4-2 win - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Amarillo Uses Special Teams To Top Scorpions - New Mexico Scorpions
- Hounds Streak Ends But Team Remains in Fourth - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Kings Over Jacks 3-1 - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Cotton Kings Recognized in CHL Best of the Best Poll - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- RiverKings make roster moves heading into tonight's game - Mississippi RiverKings
- Corpus Christi signs Jim Shepherd - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Killer Bees Game Notes - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Tonight's Match up - Tulsa Oilers
- Cotton Kings Road Preview - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- 10th Anniversary Team Announced - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- SteelHounds Clinch Playoff Berth Without Taking the Ice - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Playoff Dreams Still Alive - Austin Ice Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.