Cooper Hummel Named Triple-A West Player of the Month for September
RENO, Nev. - Reno Aces utility man Cooper Hummel has been named the Triple-A West Player of the Month for September, the league announced this morning. In 21 September games, Hummel slashed .463/.515/.800 for a 1.315 OPS.
Hummel went yard five times in September, driving in 26 runs while scoring 28 himself. Hummel finished the month with a hit in 14 of his last 15 games, including a 10-game hit streak. In total, Hummel recorded 37 base knocks in the month.
The 26 RBIs in September came after recording just nine in 23 August games.
Hummel appeared primarily in left field for Reno, but caught four games and started once at first during the final month of the season.
This marks the first time this season an Ace has earned Player or Pitcher of the Month honors, and first time under the new Triple-A West format.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from October 5, 2021
- Cooper Hummel Named Triple-A West Player of the Month for September - Reno Aces
- Salt Lake Bees Jo Adell and Michael Stefanic Win Triple-A West Awards - Salt Lake Bees
- Adell, Stefanic Win Triple-A West Awards - Salt Lake Bees
- Peter Solomon Named Triple A West Pitcher of the Year - Sugar Land Space Cowboys
- Greg Bird Named to Triple-A West Post-Season All-Star Team - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Third Baseman Drew Ellis Named Triple-A West All Star - Reno Aces
- Kristopher Negrón Named Triple-A West Manager of the Year; José Marmolejos Most Valuable Player - Tacoma Rainiers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.