Congressman Larson Attends Hawks BBQ
Everett, WA - U.S. Congressman Rick Larson surprised Everett Hawk's fans, players, and staff Friday by attending its first ever fan festival. The gathering took place at the Everett Hawks office on 2207 Everett Ave., as a way for the Hawks to give back to their fans for supporting them throughout the season and to continue that momentum through the playoffs. Fans were able to meet with the players and coaches, and were also able to get some hotdogs fresh off the grill, as they received their playoff tickets.
Larson, an Arlington High School Alumni, made a point to stop by the event and show his support even though he had a long day of traveling from Washington DC. He was impressed with the success of the Hawks during their inaugural season and pledged his support for the Hawks during their playoff run. He also encouraged the City of Everett to sell out the Everett Events Center for the playoffs and end the season with a bang.
The Hawks ended the regular season with an impressive 14-0 record and will host the Billings Mavericks on Friday, July 8 in the first round of the playoffs. The Hawks have the number one seed and will hold home field advantage throughout the playoffs. For ticket information call the Everett Hawks office at 866-383-4295.
• Discuss this story on the National Indoor Football League message board...
National Indoor Football League Stories from July 1, 2005
- Congressman Larson Attends Hawks BBQ - Everett Hawks
- Playoff Excitement! - Louisiana Swashbucklers
- Ticket Info from the RiverCity Rage Pro Indoor Football Team - RiverCity Rage
- Philyaw to shine in All Star Classic - Montgomery Bears
- Odessa playoff tickets on sale - West Texas Roughnecks
- Kreatures Coakley named to All-Star team - Kissimmee Kreatures
- Dayton's Banks named to NIFL All-Stars - Dayton Bulldogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.