Community-Focused Nights Added to Cannon Ballers Schedule
(KANNAPOLIS, N.C.) - Community initiatives have remained a core focus for the Kannapolis Cannon Ballers and today the team announced a variety of additional highlights for the 2022 season.
This Saturday, April 23rd, the Ballers will host their inaugural HBCU Night at Atrium Health Ballpark. The night will highlight the impact of Historically Black Colleges and Universities and feature a live pregame performance by the Livingstone College Marching Blue Thunder. High school students will also have the opportunity to meet with admissions representatives from Johnson C. Smith University, Winston-Salem State University, and many others.
The Cannon Ballers also announced their first ever Pride Night taking place on Wednesday, July 6th. Celebrating inclusion and support for members of the LGBTQ+ community, Pride Night will include in-game programming highlighted by Salisbury Pride, as well as live performances from the Charlotte Pride Band, One Voice Chorus, and Courtney Lynn & Quinn. Merchandise featuring the team's rainbow-colored logo will also be available in the Cannon City Supply Co. Team Store.
On Friday, August 26th, the Cannon Ballers will host Women in Sports Night at Atrium Health Ballpark. The night will welcome special guest appearances from female athletes, coaches, front office, and media members that have made a profound impact within the sports industry. On the following day, Saturday, August 27th, the team will host their 2nd annual Starry Night benefiting the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. As part of a special on-field postgame ceremony, the team, players, and all in attendance will light up the ballpark with colored lanterns in support of finding a cure for childhood brain tumors.
The 2022 season also features a variety of theme nights focused on additional community groups such as Boy Scout Night (June 10th), Girl Scout Night (July 22nd), and Faith Night (June 24th). Celebrating heroes who serve our communities throughout the year, the Cannon Ballers will be hosting a special Armed Forces Night (May 21st) and First Responders Night (August 9th).
Group, season, and individual game tickets are currently available at the F&M Box Office, online at kcballers.com, or by phone at 704-932-3267. Fans are also encouraged to follow the Cannon Ballers social media pages and sign up to become an email "Insider" to receive exclusive team updates, promotions, and ticketing information to their inbox.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from April 20, 2022
- Community-Focused Nights Added to Cannon Ballers Schedule - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Calderon and Jaquez Strikeout 17 in Woodpeckers First Road Win - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Pelicans Bats Explode in 17-3 Win against Shorebirds - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Fayetteville Outduels Augusta to Even Series - Augusta GreenJackets
- 'Birds Toppled by Pelicans and Ten-Run Sixth - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Salem Evens Series with 7-1 Win over RiverDogs - Charleston RiverDogs
- Strong Start Spoiled in 7-0 Loss - Columbia Fireflies
- FredNats Pull away Late to Blow out Cannon Ballers - Fredericksburg Nationals
- Perez Hits Go-Ahead Blast in 2-1 Carolina Victory - Carolina Mudcats
- Columbia Fireflies April 20 Game Notes vs Down East - Columbia Fireflies
- Augusta Wins Home Opener - Augusta GreenJackets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kannapolis Cannon Ballers Stories
- Ballers Boosted by Veras' Three-Run Home Run in 6-3 Win over Pelicans Saturday
- Kannapolis Outlasted in Tough Friday Night Loss to Myrtle Beach 10-4
- White Sox Promote No. 1 Prospect Colson Montgomery from Cannon Ballers
- Ballers Drop Wild Extra Innings Showdown Thursday Night with Myrtle Beach 8-7
- Montgomery Reaches in 31st Consecutive Game in 5-3 Loss to Pelicans Wednesday