Columbus Crew SC Acquires Forward Patrick Mullins in Trade with D.C. United
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC today announced that the club has acquired forward Patrick Mullins from D.C. United in exchange for $150,000 in Targeted Allocation Money. Mullins, 26, is a five-year Major League Soccer veteran who has made 96 regular-season appearances (53 starts) while registering 23 goals and nine assists. Mullins joins Crew SC with MLS experience from his time with the New England Revolution, New York City FC and D.C. United.
"Patrick is a proven goal-scorer who is dangerous inside the box and has a solid track record in MLS in his first five seasons," said Sporting Director and Head Coach Gregg Berhalter. "We believe that he brings a valuable skill set that will allow him to add depth to our attack and we look forward to integrating him into the team."
Berhalter will address the media today, Wednesday, July 11 at 5:00 p.m. ET via conference call to discuss the Patrick Mullins acquisition. Media members must RSVP in order to ask a question on the call by contacting Communications Manager Carlos Mojica [CMojica@columbuscrewsc.com].
Mullins most recently played for D.C. United, a side he joined midway through the 2016 MLS regular season. During his time in D.C., Mullins made 44 regular-season appearances (28 starts), while registering 13 goals and providing three assists. Most notably, the forward scored four goals in a 31-minute span during a 4-0 win over the San Jose Earthquakes on September 23, 2017, becoming the fastest player in MLS history to score four goals in a single match.
The forward was originally drafted by the New England Revolution in the First Round (11th overall) of the 2014 MLS SuperDraft. During his rookie year, Mullins made 21 regular-season appearances (14 starts), scoring four goals and providing one assist with the Revs en route to their 2014 MLS Cup appearance. Mullins joined New York City FC via the MLS Expansion Draft ahead of the club's inaugural MLS season in 2015 where he made 31 regular-season appearances (13 starts) and tallied six goals and five assists.
Up next, Crew SC travels to take on New York City FC at Yankee Stadium on Saturday, July 14 (7:00 p.m. ET / CW Columbus, Spectrum Sports, BCSN2, CD102.5 FM, English and Spanish audio broadcasts available on ColumbusCrewSC.com).
TRANSACTION: Columbus Crew SC acquires forward Patrick Mullins from D.C. United in exchange for $150,000 in Targeted Allocation Money on July 11, 2018.
Name: Patrick Mullins
Born: February 5, 1992 in New Orleans, Louisiana
Hometown: New Orleans, Louisiana
Citizenship: United States
Acquired: Acquired from D.C. United in exchange for $150,000 in Targeted Allocation Money on July 11, 2018
Previous Experience: D.C. United (2016-2018), New York City FC (2015-2016), New England Revolution (2014)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 11, 2018
- Game Notes: Philadelphia Union 4, Chicago Fire 3 - Philadelphia Union
- Impact Falls 3-0 at Yankee Stadium - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC Hosts Free Watch Party on July 15 for FIFA World Cup Final and Seattle-Atlanta League Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Forward Patrick Mullins in Trade with D.C. United - Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire Announces Morningstar Founder & Chairman Joe Mansueto to Acquire 49 Percent Stake in the Team - Chicago Fire
- United Acquire $150,000 TAM from Columbus for Patrick Mullins - D.C. United
- Toronto FC and Special Olympics Ontario Unveil Unified Exchange Roster - Toronto FC
- Aketxe Loaned to Cadiz CF - Toronto FC
- Chicago Fire Secure Transfer of Aleksandar Katai - Chicago Fire
- Timbers, Operation Pitch Invasion to Develop Futsal Courts at Tom McCall Upper Elementary School - Portland Timbers
- NYCFC World Cup Watch Party: England â?? Croatia Today at Rockefeller Center - New York City FC
- Match Preview: Philadelphia Union vs. Chicago Fire - Philadelphia Union
- Real Salt Lake to 1-1 Draw with DFB Pokal Champions Eintracht Frankfurt - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires up to $400,000 in Allocation Money Via Trade with FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Defender Milton Valenzuela Undergoes Successful Right Knee Procedure
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Defender Waylon Francis in Trade with Seattle Sounders FC
- Columbus Crew SC Unveils New Gold Kit for 2019, Announces Individual Match Tickets Now Available for Sale
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires $175,000 of General Allocation Money Via Trade with the Montreal Impact