Columbus Crew Bids Farewell to Historic Crew Stadium against Chicago Fire FC Tonight
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew will play its final match at Historic Crew Stadium when it hosts Chicago Fire FC tonight, Saturday, June 19 [7:30 p.m. ET / Bally Sports Ohio / 97.1 FM The Fan & 971TheFan.com (English), ColumbusCrew.com (Spanish)]. Ahead of the match, Bally Sports Ohio is scheduled to host a one-hour pre-match special commemorating the day, beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET.
In honor of Juneteenth, Men After God's Heart - a local male gospel group - are set to sing 'Lift Every Voice and Sing' as well as the U.S. national anthem. Players from both teams will be wearing jerseys with special uniform numbers as part of the Juneteenth commemoration. Immediately following the contest, a post-match fireworks show is set to take place on the Historic Crew Stadium pitch.
The Juneteenth-inspired jerseys will be auctioned off after the match on the Fanatics Authentic MLS Auction site, with the proceeds going to the VoyceNow Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to speaking up, creating equal opportunities, supporting youth sports and after-school programs. The VoyceNow Foundation was founded in 2020 by current Manchester City FC goalkeeper and former Crew player Zack Steffen, along with former Crew defender Alex Crognale.
The match is set to be the 69th all-time regular-season meeting between the two clubs, with the Crew holding a 14-11-10 all-time regular-season record at home against Chicago and out-scoring Fire FC 62-40 in home matches. Additionally, the Crew currently holds a six-match regular-season unbeaten streak against Chicago, dating back to the 2018 season.
2021 MLS Regular Season
Columbus Crew vs. Chicago Fire FC
Today, Saturday, June 19 - 7:30 p.m. ET - Historic Crew Stadium (Columbus, Ohio)
Regional Television: Bally Sports Ohio, Bally Sports Ohio App (Stream) | Coverage begins at 6:30 p.m. ET
Columbus Crew Radio: 97.1 The Fan and streaming online via "Listen Live" at 971TheFan.com. (English). ColumbusCrew.com (Spanish).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 19, 2021
- Sporting KC Falls 2-1 in Portland - Sporting Kansas City
- LA Galaxy Fall 2-1 at Home to Seattle Sounders FC on Saturday Night - LA Galaxy
- Austin FC Earns Another Point with 0-0 Draw against the San Jose Earthquakes - Austin FC
- Sounders FC Captures 2-1 Comeback Victory at LA Galaxy, Remaining Unbeaten in 2021 - Seattle Sounders FC
- D.C. United Win 1-0 against Inter Miami CF at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Tie Austin FC in Inaugural Outing at Q2 Stadium - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Draws 1-1 with Minnesota United FC - FC Dallas
- Loons Earn a Point on the Road in Dallas - Minnesota United FC
- Toronto FC (2) - Orlando City SC (3) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Revs Extend Win Streak to Four Games in 3-2 Victory over New York City FC - New England Revolution
- Júnior Urso Nets Game-Winner in Lions' 3-2 Victory over Toronto FC - Orlando City SC
- Rapids Earn Another Big Road Win with 2-0 Victory in Cincinnati - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 2-0 to Columbus Crew SC - Chicago Fire FC
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 2 - 3 New England Revolution - New York City FC
- Nashville SC Teams up with MLS and Mayor John Cooper to Get Nashville Vaccinated against COVID-19ÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Storylines: City vs. Toronto FC - Orlando City SC
- Earthquakes Face Austin FC in Historic First Match at Q2 Stadium Tonight - San Jose Earthquakes
- New Mini-Soccer Pitch Opens at Harlem's Colonel Charles Young Playground - New York City FC
- Columbus Crew Bids Farewell to Historic Crew Stadium against Chicago Fire FC Tonight - Columbus Crew SC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Philadelphia Union - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Claim 3-1 Win over Vancouver Whitecaps FC - Real Salt Lake
- RSL score late to edge 'Caps in battle of Rio Tinto - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew Midfielder Lucas Zelarayan Selected for 2021 MLS All-Star Game
- Columbus Crew Midfielder Artur Undergoes Successful Sports Hernia Surgery
- Columbus Crew Travels to the Bronx to Face New York City FC Friday Night
- Columbus Crew's Lower.com Field to Host United States Men's National Team for 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifier against Costa Rica on October 13
- Columbus Crew Travels to Face Atlanta United on Saturday to Begin Two-Match Road Stretch