Cole Bassett Named to MLS 22 Under 22 for Third Year in a Row
Colorado Rapids midfielder Cole Bassett was named by Major League Soccer to the 22 Under 22 list on Tuesday. Clinching a the 10th spot, the 20-year-old midfielder's achievements were recognized in the series presented by BODYARMOR. This honor marks the third year in a row Bassett has been featured.
In 2019, Bassett took home the No. 20 spot on the MLS 22u22 list and went on to jump to the seventh slot in 2020. The Colorado native is one of seven players to make the list in three straight seasons - the others are Brian Rodriguez (LAFC), Efrain Alvarez (LA Galaxy), Christian Casseres Jr. (RBNY), James Sands (NYCFC) Jesus Ferreira (FC Dallas) and Paxton Pomykal (FC Dallas)
This season, Bassett finds himself ranked just behind the likes of Ferreira, Caden Clark (RBNY) and Cade Cowell (San Jose) but he's slotted ahead of highly-touted prospects like Brenner (FC Cincinnati), Pomykal and Alvarez.
A product of the Rapids Development Academy, Bassett was the youngest signing in club history when he inked his Homegrown deal at the age of 17 in 2018. He then went on to claim club records for the youngest professional debut and start in Rapids history. Since his professional debut in 2018, Bassett has made 66 appearances for the Rapids, scoring 12 goals and recording 10 assists.
This season, the midfielder has tallied 1,879 minutes, 20 starts, four goals and three assists, his most recent goal coming via the equalizing penalty kick in Colorado's dramatic win over Minnesota United FC on Sunday.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 12, 2021
- Inter Miami CF and AutoNation Fill 2,500 Comfort Bags for Cancer Patients - Inter Miami CF
- RSL to Honor Long-Time Icon Kyle Beckerman on November 3 - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers Announce Broadcast, Time Change for November 3 Match at Real Salt Lake - Portland Timbers
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- NYCFC Pair Ranked in MLS 22 Under 22 List - New York City FC
- Whitecaps FC Add eMLS Star Power, Sign Gordon "Fiddle" Thornsberry - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire FC Sign Academy Forward Missael Rodríguez to Homegrown Player Contract - Chicago Fire FC
- Inter Miami CF to Help Drive out Cancer on October 20, Host DRVPNK Night Presented by AutoNation - Inter Miami CF
- Daryl Dike Ranks Second in Star-Studded 22 Under 22 Presented by BODYARMOR Rankings - Orlando City SC
- Ricardo Pepi Headlines Star-Studded 22 Under 22 Presented by BODYARMOR Rankings - MLS
- Seventeen-Year-Old Cade Cowell Named to MLS 22 Under 22 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Cole Bassett Named to MLS 22 Under 22 for Third Year in a Row - Colorado Rapids
- 5 Things You Need to Know About MexTour at Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte FC
- The Pitch: MLS Players Stack the Scoring Sheets in FIFA World Cup Qualifying - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Rapids' Semifinal Match with Portland Breaks FOX Viewership Record
- Rapids Fall to Portland Timbers 1-0 in Thanksgiving Day Semifinal Playoff Match
- Rapids Take National Stage for First-Ever Thanksgiving Day Audi MLS Cup Playoff Game
- Inside the Numbers: a Closer Look at the Matchup Between Colorado and Portland
- Colorado Rapids Announce Tipico Sportsbook as the Official Presenting Sponsor of the Club's 2021 Playoffs Run