Inter Miami CF and AutoNation Fill 2,500 Comfort Bags for Cancer Patients
Inter Miami CF and AutoNation, the Club's official and exclusive automotive partner, joined forces today at DRV PNK Stadium to assemble and pack 2,500 comfort bags for cancer patients as part of the seventh annual DRVPNK Across America Day.
Chief Soccer Officer and Sporting Director Chris Henderson, Inter Miami players Julián Carranza, Leandro González Pirez, Sami Guediri and John McCarthy and Club host Kaylyn Kyle alongside AutoNation's EVP and Chief Customer Experience Officer Marc Cannon and associates took part in this great initiative, which also included the announcement of DRVPNK Night presented by AutoNation that is set to take place on Oct. 20 in the home match against Toronto FC.
"AutoNation has raised in excess of 28 million dollars for our cancer efforts... Today is really special because we're in our hometown. We couldn't do it without Inter Miami," said Cannon. "Earlier this year we talked about what we could do together, and I'm happy to report that AutoNation and Inter Miami have raised $100,000 this year to date to go to the Cancer Research Foundation to support another grant. That's a huge milestone, let's give a round of applause to everyone that has contributed."
"I want to give a round of applause to our players. They trained this morning and now they're giving to the community, which is one of the things we want to be sure that we're doing as a Club," said Henderson. "Having a purpose driven partner in AutoNation will exemplify what we are as a Club and we are thrilled with the partnership that we have. The DRVPNK initiative is an important initiative to help those who have or have had cancer. We are going to encourage all of our fans to wear pink to support those who have had cancer and have been affected by it".
After the event, 250 comfort bags were delivered directly to Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 12, 2021
- Inter Miami CF and AutoNation Fill 2,500 Comfort Bags for Cancer Patients - Inter Miami CF
- RSL to Honor Long-Time Icon Kyle Beckerman on November 3 - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers Announce Broadcast, Time Change for November 3 Match at Real Salt Lake - Portland Timbers
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- NYCFC Pair Ranked in MLS 22 Under 22 List - New York City FC
- Whitecaps FC Add eMLS Star Power, Sign Gordon "Fiddle" Thornsberry - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire FC Sign Academy Forward Missael Rodríguez to Homegrown Player Contract - Chicago Fire FC
- Inter Miami CF to Help Drive out Cancer on October 20, Host DRVPNK Night Presented by AutoNation - Inter Miami CF
- Daryl Dike Ranks Second in Star-Studded 22 Under 22 Presented by BODYARMOR Rankings - Orlando City SC
- Ricardo Pepi Headlines Star-Studded 22 Under 22 Presented by BODYARMOR Rankings - MLS
- Seventeen-Year-Old Cade Cowell Named to MLS 22 Under 22 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Cole Bassett Named to MLS 22 Under 22 for Third Year in a Row - Colorado Rapids
- 5 Things You Need to Know About MexTour at Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte FC
- The Pitch: MLS Players Stack the Scoring Sheets in FIFA World Cup Qualifying - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Academy Update: Inter Miami Hosts Elite Formation Coaching License Program
- Inter Miami CF Hosts 'serving Those That Serve Us' Presented by Wendy's Ahead of Thanksgiving
- Gregore Named Inter Miami CF's 2021 MVP
- Inter Miami CF to Host Chicago Fire FC on February 26 in 2022 MLS Season Opener
- Academy Update: 2021 Copa Rayados International