Clover Stadium to again Host Heroes Classic
Rockland County, NY - For the third successive year, Clover Stadium in Pomona, the home of the Frontier League's New York Boulders, will play host to the annual Heroes Baseball Classic between the New York Police Department and New York Fire Department.
This year's game, sponsored in part by the Duke of Oil and Tune of New City, will be played on Saturday, Sept. 10, with first pitch scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
The game between the NYPD and FDNY is held each year in memory of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice after responding to the World Trade Center area on Sept. 11, 2001. On that day, the FDNY baseball team lost two members - Andre Fletcher and Mike Weinberg.
Proceeds from the game will go to the Widows and Children's Fund, as well as the Stephen Siller Foundation.
The first game of the series between the NYPD and FDNY was played back in 1999 at St. John's University in Queens with the NYPD winning 6-5. The following summer, the match was contested at the College of Staten Island with the FDNY copping a 12-5 victory. There was no game played in 2001 because of the attack.
Overall, the NYPD holds an 12-10 edge in the series.
Clover Stadium is Rockland County's premier outdoor family entertainment center, featuring drive in fireworks, movies, baseball and more.
Tickets for the Heroes Baseball Classic are available at the Clover Stadium box office, as well as through the New York Boulders' website at www.nyboulders.com.
Information regarding tickets to individual New York Boulders' games, as well 2023 season tickets and packages are available by calling 845-364-0009 or sliding to www.NYBoulders.com.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from September 6, 2022
- Miners Miss Playoffs by a Nose - Sussex County Miners
- Tavarez No-Hitter Foils Miners - New Jersey Jackals
- Wild Card Game Suspended - Schaumburg Boomers
- Clover Stadium to again Host Heroes Classic - New York Boulders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Boulders Stories
- NY Boulders and Fidelis Care Team up to Fight Hunger in Rockland County
- Clover Stadium Announced As Host Site For The MAAC Baseball Championship Through 2025
- Boulders To Open 2023 Season At Home Vs Rival Miners
- Titans Take Down Boulders In Wild Card Game
- Clover Stadium to again Host Heroes Classic