Clemson Tiger Joined by Clemson Football Greats at SRP Park for Clemson Night
NORTH AUGUSTA, SC - The Augusta GreenJackets, South Atlantic League Affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, in conjunction with Tri-Star Contractors, are excited to welcome the Clemson Tiger and other Clemson greats to SRP Park for Clemson Night on Thursday, July 18th.
Clemson fans will be excited to see the following former players come out to SRP Park for Clemson Night to do a meet and greet autograph/picture session:
* The Clemson Tiger Mascot
* Bubba Diggs- Former Tight End
* Diggs was part of the 1978 Gator Bowl, 1979 Peach Bowl and the 1982 National Championship Orange Bowl teams
* Willie Underwood- Former Strong Safety
* Underwood was part of the 1977-1980 Clemson Tigers teams. Underwood is best known for his 1980 game against the South Carolina Gamecocks when he had two interceptions returned for a school-record of 101 yards, including one for a 37-yard touchdown to lead the Tigers to a 27-6 victory over the #14 Gamecocks.
* Reggie Merriweather- Former Running Back
* Merriweather was part of the 2003-2006 Clemson Tigers teams and went to North Augusta High School.
* Neely Paige- Former Offensive Guard
* Paige was part of the 1998-2002 Clemson Tigers teams and is from Aiken.
* Scott Pagano- Former Defensive Tackle
* Pagano was part of the 2013-2016 Clemson Tigers Teams. He was on the 2016 National Championship team.
The Clemson Tiger and the Clemson greats will all throw out first pitches and will do a meet and greet after. The GreenJackets will have Clemson GreenJackets-inspired apparel on special and ask fans to come paint SRP Park Orange and Purple. Fans are asked to stay tuned as there could be more Clemson greats attending Clemson Night that would be announced later in the week leading up to Thursday night.
July 18th is a signature Thirsty Thursday presented by: Garden City Social, Mr. Tattoo, Kicks 99 and BOBFM, which features $1 Natty Lights and PBRs until the Garden City Social Last Call. There will also be a cheap beer special happy hour from, 6PM-8PM. For tickets, please visit: http://bit.ly/2S2s4Dm.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from July 15, 2019
- Drive Top Tourists, 7-2, on Monday - Greenville Drive
- RiverDogs Hang on over GreenJackets in Opener - Charleston RiverDogs
- Suns Claim Opener vs 'Hoppers in Extras - Hagerstown Suns
- Chandler Deals Seven Scoreless in 5-0 Power Win - West Virginia Power
- Errors Hurt Jackets in Series Opener - Augusta GreenJackets
- MacIver's Home Run a Bright Spot on a Tough Night - Asheville Tourists
- Apostel Homers Twice in 'Dads Rout - Hickory Crawdads
- Fireflies Bats Go Quiet in Opener against West Virginia - Columbia Fireflies
- Wilson Shines Again, 'Birds Breeze by 'Claws - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Wilson Sharp as Birds Top Claws in Series-Opener - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Fireflies Game Notes: July 15 vs. West Virginia (Game 91) - Columbia Fireflies
- RiverDogs Second Baseman Kyle Gray Promoted to Tampa - Charleston RiverDogs
- Game Notes (July 15) - West Virginia Power
- Clemson Tiger Joined by Clemson Football Greats at SRP Park for Clemson Night - Augusta GreenJackets
- Ryan Wilson Named SAL Pitcher of the Week - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Bill on Baseball: Mottice Leads Barrage in Series Finale - Greensboro Grasshoppers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.