Clark Hiebert Commits to Storm
General Manager and Head Coach George Burnett announced Wednesday that Clark Hiebert has committed to an Ontario Hockey League standard player agreement with the Storm.
Hiebert, a 6'2", 180 lb defenceman from Oakville, was the Storm's ninth round pick (162nd overall) in the 2017 OHL Priority Selection.
"Clark has shown an impressive amount of determination in earning his opportunity in the OHL," said Burnett. "He had a terrific year of development with Burlington last season and will bring an effective all-around presence to our blue line."
Hiebert spent the 2018-19 season with the Burlington Cougars of the Ontario Junior Hockey League, posting 27 points (three goals, 24 assists) in 53 games.
"It's an amazing feeling to commit to the Storm. I'm excited and thankful for the opportunity to be part of such a first-class organization," said Hiebert. "It's been a goal of mine to play at the next level and I wouldn't be in this position if it weren't for my family, coaches and teammates helping me along the way."
In March, Hiebert was selected as a 1st team All-Prospect for the Ontario Junior Hockey League (OJHL). The OJHL All-Prospect Team is comprised of 2001 and 2002 birth-year prospects and is selected by the OJHL general managers, as well as an awards committee comprised of one media member in each OJHL market.
Hiebert is scheduled to attend the Storm's 2019 Training Camp that is set to begin late August.
DOB: September 23, 2001
2018-19 Team: Burlington Cougars
GP: 53 | G: 3 | A: 24 | PTS: 27
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from July 17, 2019
- Fronts Prospect Profile: Barret Joynt - Kingston Frontenacs
- Mayotte Joins Battalion - North Bay Battalion
- The Stanley Cup & Conn Smythe Trophy Are Coming to Sarnia - Sarnia Sting
- By the Numbers Breakdown of the CHL at World U17 Camp - Guelph Storm
- Clark Hiebert Commits to Storm - Guelph Storm
- Firebirds Announce Olympian Ryan Kuwabara as Associate Coach - Flint Firebirds
- Brandon Saigeon Signs with the Colorado Eagles - Oshawa Generals
- OHL 20 in 20 Futures Watch: Owen Sound Attack - Owen Sound Attack
- #StormCupTour Stops in Burlington and Oakville - Guelph Storm
- Tim Hortons and Special Olympics Canada Celebrate Global Day of Inclusion - Guelph Storm
- 125 Season Tickets for the 2019-20 Campaign Remain Available for Purchase - Kitchener Rangers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.