Chris Jones Reinstated
Today, the Windsor Express announced that shooting guard Chris Jones has completed both a league imposed suspension and team-stipulated conditions in order to be reinstated on the roster.
Jones additionally issued an apology for his on-court behaviour during recent NBL of Canada basketball games.
"I would like to sincerely apologize for the on court issues in recent games," Jones said. "I am truly sorry and am grateful for the opportunity the Express and the NBLC has provided me to continue my career.
"In the past week, I have worked on my personal development and would like to thank everyone who took the time to help me grow and understand value in myself, my team and the NBLC."
The League and the Windsor Express have accepted Jones' apology and welcome him back from suspension.
"A lot of hard work is put in from these players and it's important that we give young men an opportunity to correct their mistakes," said Dartis Willis, the president and CEO of the Express.
The Express host the London Lightning this evening at 7pm for the final home game of the season. Youth 13 and under will be admitted free with the purchase of an adult ticket.
• Discuss this story on the National Basketball League of Canada message board...
National Basketball League of Canada Stories from March 29, 2019
- Lightning Clinch 1st in Central with Win - London Lightning
- Chris Jones Reinstated - Windsor Express
- Edge Announce First Round Dates and Times - St. John's Edge
- Highlanders Basketball Playoff Home Game Set for Monday, April 8 - Cape Breton Highlanders
- Highlanders Win Last Regular Season Home Game against the Riptide - Cape Breton Highlanders
- Hurricanes Cap off the Regular Season with An Island Storm Blowout - Halifax Hurricanes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.