CHL Releases Best of the Best Poll Results
LUBBOCK, TX: March 7, 2006 - The Central Hockey League released their 2005/2006 edition of their annual "Best of the Best" poll results and Lubbock was listed in several of the 40 categories.
The CHL polled players, coaches, and broadcasters for their top three favorites in 40 categories that range from "Best Hotel" to the "Best Overall Player." Lubbock ranked in five of the categories, ranking first in one category, second in a category and third in three different categories. The Kings top honors came off the ice. The category Lubbock ranked first in was "Best Pressbox," which is an award the Kings have previously received. Lubbock finished ranked second in the "Best Arena Music" category. On the ice, Jan Melichercik ranked third as the "Best Player in Face-Offs," Jason Beatty ranked third as the "Best Fighter" and All-Star defenseman Stacey Bauman received third place in the "Best Defensive Defenseman" category. Melichercik has previously received Best of the Best recognition, as he was listed as the third best defensive forward last season.
Colorado led all teams with recognition in 15 of the categories. Derek Hahn of Amarillo edged Colorado's Greg Pankewicz as the "Best Overall Player." Hahn was listed in six different categories. The entire list can be found at the CHL's website (www.centralhockeyleague.com).
Two of three top fighter will take the ice this weekend, as Lubbock and the third best fighter, Jason Beatty, host Ryan Shmyr, the second best fighter, and the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees Saturday night. The game will be the second game of the week, as Lubbock will start the week Wednesday night hosting the Fort Worth Brahmas. The two contests will be the first visits to Lubbock by the opposition this season.
The Kings desperately need wins this week to avoid elimination from playoff contention. Individual game ticket information for this week's two home games is available by contacting the Cotton Kings office at (806) 747-7825. Additional Kings info can be found online via their official site at www.cottonkings.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 7, 2006
- Fifth Annual CHL 'Best of the Best' Poll Results Announced - CHL
- Dahl Represents Oilers In Best Of The Best Poll - Tulsa Oilers
- Brahmas Dancers chosen as CHL's "Best of the Best" - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Corpus Christi honored by CHL - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Final coach's show of the season tonight - Mississippi RiverKings
- CHL Releases Best of the Best Poll Results - Lubbock Cotton Kings
- Eagles Lead the Way in CHL's - Colorado Eagles
- SteelHounds Bring Home Several Honors in CHL Best of the Best Poll - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Rosco's The Best - Laredo Bucks
- Cotton Kings Weekly Notes - Lubbock Cotton Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.