Chicago Wolves Welcome Back McGinn
GLENVIEW, Illinois - The Chicago Wolves announced Wednesday that veteran forward Tye McGinn has signed a Standard Player Contract to return to the team for the 2019-20 season.
The 29-year-old McGinn played a crucial role in the Wolves' run to the 2019 Western Conference championship and the Calder Cup Finals. The powerful wing produced 10 goals in the final 20 regular-season games as Chicago rallied to capture the AHL's Central Division title for the third year in a row.
Once in the playoffs, McGinn delivered six goals, seven assists and a team-best +6 plus/minus rating in 22 games to help the Wolves reach the league finals for the seventh time in their 25-year history. McGinn recorded three goals in the Central Division Semifinals against the Grand Rapids Griffins and three more in the Western Conference Finals against the San Diego Gulls.
The 6-foot-2, 205-pound Fergus, Ontario, native has split the last eight seasons between the AHL and the NHL since being selected by the Philadelphia Flyers in the fourth round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
McGinn has posted nine goals and eight assists in 89 NHL games for the Flyers, Arizona Coyotes and Tampa Bay Lightning. He also owns 98 goals and 85 assists in 373 AHL regular-season games along with 11 goals and 18 assists in 50 Calder Cup Playoff appearances.
McGinn and the Wolves open training camp on Sunday, Sept. 22, at Triphahn Ice Arena in Hoffman Estates as head coach Rocky Thompson's squad prepares for the season opener on Saturday, Oct. 5, against the Grand Rapids Griffins at Allstate Arena.
The first 5,000 fans through the doors for the opener receive a 2019 Western Conference champions banner courtesy of Jewel-Osco. To secure tickets for Oct. 5 -- or to arrange season-ticket packages and group outings -- visit ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 11, 2019
- Flames Announce Training Camp Roster - Stockton Heat
- Sabres Announce Training Camp Roster - Rochester Americans
- Chicago Wolves Welcome Back McGinn - Chicago Wolves
- Syracuse Crunch Welcome to Town Event at Turning Stone Resort Casino October 2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Ford of Canada and MLSE Expand Partnership with Ford Performance Centre - Toronto Marlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Wolves Stories
- Chicago Wolves Add Three Vets with NHL Experience
- Chicago Wolves Add Eight Players as Training Camp Looms
- Chicago Wolves Welcome Back McGinn
- Vegas Rookie Camp Signals Start of Chicago Wolves' Season
- Chicago Wolves Honor Military and Veterans Throughout 2019-20 Season