Chicago Sky Hosts First Pre-Season Game Today
CHICAGO - The WNBA Chicago Sky will face the Seattle Storm in both teams' first pre-season game of the 2008 season on Wednesday, April 30 at 7 p.m. at the UIC Pavilion.
The Sky's top draft pick Sylvia Fowles and 2007 Rookie of the Year Armintie Price arrived in training camp this week and will play in tonight's game. Returning Sky veterans Kayte Christensen, Claire Coggins, Chasity Melvin, Stephanie Raymond, and Brooke Wyckoff are in camp and will also play. Second and third round draft picks Quianna Chaney and Angela Tisdale, along with training camp invitees Amanda Jackson, Carrie Moore, Brooke Queenan and Nina Stone will see action in the game as they try to make the team.
The Sky's two-time All-Star Candice Dupree, along with Dominique Canty, Cathy Joens, Jia Perkins and Bernadette Ngoyisa have not yet arrived in training camp, as they finish playing overseas.
Players will be available to speak with the media during the shoot around from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. and during pre-game warm-ups from 5:30 to 6 p.m. Fans can purchase tickets to the game at www.chicagosky.net.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from April 30, 2008
- Los Angeles Sparks Assistant Coach Larry Smith To Leave Team - Los Angeles Sparks
- Storm Hosts Fan Fest at KeyArena - Seattle Storm
- Atlanta Dream Announces Danielle Donehew as Executive Vice President - Atlanta Dream
- Atlanta Dream Announces Key Front Office Hires - Atlanta Dream
- Woods Waived, Preseason Opener Saturday - Indiana Fever
- Chicago Sky Hosts First Pre-Season Game Today - Chicago Sky
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.