Chicago Shamrox Announce 2007 Indoor Lacrosse Schedule
CHICAGO, IL August 29, 2006 - The Chicago Shamrox indoor professional lacrosse team today announced their schedule and ticket prices for the 2007 National Lacrosse League (NLL) season, featuring eight (8) home games with five (5) on Saturday night and three (3) Sunday matinees. All home games will be played at the new Sears Centre arena in suburban Hoffman Estates.
The first ever Chicago Shamrox home game is scheduled for Saturday, January 6th at 7:30 p.m. against New York. The season opener will be a showdown between the NLL's two 2007 expansion teams.
"We're excited with our Shamrox schedule, all weekend dates at the Sears Centre arena, something we think fans will like," said Kevin Loughery Jr., co-owner and Managing Partner for the team. "And what a great way to start our inaugural season, Chicago against New York. Opening Night should be something special on January 6th."
Date Opponent Time (CST)
Saturday, January 6 New York 7:30pm
Saturday, January 13 Minnesota Swarm 7:00pm
Saturday, January 20 New York 7:00pm
Friday, January 26 San Jose Stealth 9:30pm
Saturday, February 3 Rochester Knighthawks 6:35pm
Sunday, February 11 Buffalo Bandits 3:00pm
Sunday, February 18 Toronto Rock 2:00pm
Saturday February 24 Minnesota Swarm 7:30pm
Friday, March 2 Arizona Sting 8:30pm
Saturday, March 17 Rochester Knighthawks 7:30pm
Saturday, March 24 Philadelphia Wings 6:30pm
Sunday, March 25 New York 3:00pm
Saturday, March 31 Buffalo Bandits 6:30pm
Sunday, April 1 Edmonton Rush 3:00pm
Saturday, April 7 Toronto Rock 7:30pm
Saturday, April 14 Philadelphia Wings 7:30pm
* All home games are held at Sears Centre arena
**All times Chicago central time
A notable highlight and an appropriate promotional date on the Shamrox home schedule includes a night game on St. Patrick's Day, Saturday March 17 at 7:30 p.m. against the Rochester Knighthawks, with green to be the theme of the night.
Ticket prices for the Chicago Shamrox eight-game home season were also announced by the team, as season tickets go on sale Wednesday morning, August 30. Season ticket pricing starts at only $10 a game with $15, $20 and $25 per-game options also available. A limited number of lower level front row "on the glass" and upper level front row seats are available at VIP pricing. Group ticket reservations also go on sale Wednesday morning August 30. Both season tickets and group tickets feature discounts off individual game prices.
"We've tried to build a fan-friendly schedule, with fan-friendly ticket prices to allow lacrosse fans, families, companies and sports fans in general to be a part of Chicago Shamrox indoor lacrosse games," said Conrad "Connie" Kowal, Shamrox Team President. "Indoor lacrosse is a great spectator sport and we're excited to get going. It all starts January 6th, but season tickets go on sale now."
To order Season Tickets, fans can call 1-866-4CHI-NLL. For complete information about the Shamrox, fans can visit the team's official website, www.ChicagoShamrox.com
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from August 29, 2006
- Shamrox announce inaugural schedule - Chicago Shamrox
- Chicago Shamrox Announce 2007 Indoor Lacrosse Schedule - Chicago Shamrox
- San Jose Stealth Professional Lacrosse 2007 Schedule Released - San Jose Stealth
- Bandits name Troy Cordingley assistant general manager - Buffalo Bandits
- Rush open season against the Wings Saturday, January 6 - Edmonton Rush
- 2007 Sting schedule announced - Arizona Sting
- Mammoth season begins December 30 - Colorado Mammoth
- Calgary Roughnecks Announce Season Schedule - Calgary Roughnecks
- Minnesota Swarm Announces 2007 Schedule - Minnesota Swarm
- Buffalo Bandits announce 2007 regular season schedule - Buffalo Bandits
- Wings Open 2007 Season Against Edmonton - Philadelphia Wings
- NLL announces 2007 Regular Season Schedule - NLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.