Chicago Red Stars' 2010 Home Opener Set
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. -- The Chicago Red Stars' 2010 Women's Professional Soccer home opener is scheduled for Saturday, April 17, at Toyota Park against Saint Louis Athletica, the league announced Wednesday. The game could feature the first Toyota Park appearance by Athletica goalkeeper Hope Solo, who was away with the U.S. Women's National Team during the Red Stars' only home match against Saint Louis on May 23.
Fans can secure their tickets for this game through the purchase of a Holiday 4 Ticket Plan, Flex Plan or Season Tickets, starting at only $59. Ticket packages include autographed photos of Red Stars players and autographed mini PUMA soccer balls. Call 708-496-9500 or visit www.womensprosoccer.com/Home/chicago/news/general/091103-holiday-plan.aspx.
Orders submitted by noon on Monday, Dec. 21, will be sent out in time for Christmas. The holiday offer runs through Jan. 8, 2010. All current season ticket holders can purchase additional tickets to the home opener through Dec. 24.
WPS unveiled the 2010 home openers for seven of the league's nine teams. The Red Stars' season opener is on the road when they play defending champion Sky Blue FC on Sunday, April 11. The game takes place at Yurcak Field in Piscataway, N.J., and is televised on Fox Soccer Channel. Oswego, Ill., native and Red Stars midfielder Julianne Sitch and Delran, N.J., native and Sky Blue midfielder Carli Lloyd are slated to make their first appearances against their former teams.
2010 WPS HOME OPENERS
Saturday, April 10
- Boston Breakers at Washington Freedom -- Maryland SoccerPlex
Sunday, April 11
- Atlanta Beat at Philadelphia Independence -- John A. Farrell Stadium
- Chicago Red Stars at Sky Blue FC -- Yurcak Field (live on Fox Soccer Channel)
- FC Gold Pride at Saint Louis Athletica -- The Anheuser-Busch Soccer Park
Saturday, April 17
- Saint Louis Athletica at Chicago Red Stars -- Toyota Park (RED STARS HOME OPENER)
- Sky Blue FC at FC Gold Pride -- Castro Valley Athletic Stadium
Sunday, April 18
- Philadelphia Independence at Boston Breakers -- Harvard Stadium (live on Fox Soccer Channel)
Home openers for the Los Angeles Sol and Atlanta Beat will be announced at a later date. Further details on the 2010 WPS regular season, the 2010 WPS All-Star Game presented by U.S. Coast Guard and the 2010 WPS playoff schedule will be released in the coming weeks. The complete 2010 WPS regular-season schedule is expected in early February.
• Discuss this story on the Women's Professional Soccer message board...
Women's Professional Soccer Stories from December 17, 2009
- Philadelphia Independence Announce Home Opener April 11, 2010 - Philadelphia Independence
- Breakers Will Face Independence In Home Opener - Boston Breakers
- Chicago Red Stars' 2010 Home Opener Set - Chicago Red Stars
- 2010 WPS Home Openers Set - WPS
- 2010 Season Opener Announced - Sky Blue FC
- Atlanta Beat Signs Ramona Bachmann - Atlanta Beat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.