Chicago Fire FC to Close out Three-Game Road Trip against Toronto FC
CHICAGO (May 23, 2022) - Chicago Fire FC will close out a three-game road stretch against Toronto FC on Saturday, May 22 at BMO Field before pausing for the international FIFA break. It will be the first encounter between the two teams in 2022 and the 34th overall.
Beginning at 6:00 p.m. CT, Saturday's match will be broadcast live on WGN-TV and CF97 Live, and transmitted locally in Spanish on TUDN 1200 AM.
The Fire (2-6-5) will head to Toronto aiming to close out the three-game road swing on a high note after falling 1-0 against reigning champion New York City FC on Sunday afternoon at Citi Field. Just one minute after Gastón Giménez saved a shot off the line in the 19th minute to keep the score level, New York City was awarded a penalty kick when Heber and Miguel Navarro both went up to contest a ball in the box. Heber's header hit Navarro's arm on the way down and the referee consulted with VAR before pointing to the spot. Heber sent the ball into the right side of the net for the only goal of the match.
Toronto FC (3-7-3) is coming off a hard-fought 2-2 tie against D.C. United on Saturday, May 21, at Audi Field. Jonathan Osorio scored an 89th-minute equalizer in his first game back after missing three matches due to a lower-body injury. Ayo Akinola scored the Reds' first goal, which had the game tied at 1-1 after D.C. United scored the first goal of the game.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 23, 2022
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Orlando City SC in the Round of 16 of the Open Cup on Wednesday - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: May 23, 2022 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Announce Time Change for May 29 Home Match against Austin FC - LA Galaxy
- Austin FC Announces Time Change for May 29 Away Match against LA Galaxy - Austin FC
- Kickoff Time Changed for Timbers Road Match against Sporting Kansas City on August 21 - Portland Timbers
- Sporting KC Announces New Time for August 21 Home Match - Sporting Kansas City
- Dynamo Forward Sebastián Ferreira Named MLS Player of the Week, Presented by Continental Tire - Houston Dynamo FC
- Bill Tuiloma Called up to New Zealand Men's National Team for Final FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Qualifier - Portland Timbers
- New England Revolution Sign Midfielder Esmir Bajraktarević as Homegrown Player - New England Revolution
- Andrew Gutman to Miss 8-12 Weeks with Quadriceps Tendon Injury - Atlanta United FC
- Houston Dynamo FC Forward Sebastián Ferreira Voted MLS Player of the Week Presented by Continental Tire for Week 13 - MLS
- The Victory Project Launches Scholarships and Grants - Sporting Kansas City
- Captain Jack Price Selected to Team of the Week Following Performance against Seattle - Colorado Rapids
- Neville and Callender Named to MLS Team of the Week - Inter Miami CF
- Sebastián Driussi Named to MLS Team of the Week - Austin FC
- Five Points: Record Clinched - New York City FC
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC to Close out Three-Game Road Trip against Toronto FC - Chicago Fire FC
- LA Galaxy Fall to Houston Dynamo FC at Dignity Health Sports Park on Sunday Night - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids Best CCL Champions Seattle Sounders FC 1-0 to Extend Unbeaten Streak - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Defeats First-Place Philadelphia Union 1-0 on Wednesday at Soldier Field
- Chicago Fire FC to Host Philadelphia Union on Wednesday Before Traveling to Face San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 2-0 to Houston Dynamo FC
- Chicago Fire FC Defender Wyatt Omsberg Undergoes Successful Foot Surgery
- Mayor Lightfoot and First Lady Eshleman Announce Series of Events to Commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Passage of Title IX