Chicago Fire FC Signs Defender Charlie Ostrem to Short-Term Agreement
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC today announced that the Club has signed Chicago Fire FC II defender Charlie Ostrem to a short-term agreement. Ostrem will be available for today's MLS regular season road match against FC Cincinnati at TQL Stadium.
Ostrem, 23, was selected 33rd overall by Chicago in the 2022 MLS SuperDraft and signed with Chicago Fire FC II in March 2022.
Since joining the Club, Ostrem has played in 29 matches (25 starts) for Chicago Fire II. Eight of those matches have come in 2023, during which he has also scored one goal and registered one assist as a defender.
Prior to signing with Chicago Fire II, Ostrem played at University of Washington from 2018-21. After earning All-American and 2020-21 PAC-12 Defensive Player of the Year honors following a strong junior campaign, he earned All PAC-12 First Team recognition in his senior season. Ostrem concluded his career at Washington with 75 appearances (61 starts) and 22 assists, ranking ninth all-time for the Huskies.
Per MLS rules, a Club may sign a player from its affiliate (MLS NEXT Pro or USL) to a maximum of four Short-Term Agreements (up to four-day contracts) each season (maximum of 16 days). An individual player may be included on up to four MLS league season match rosters each season, however, that player may appear in no more than two MLS league season matches. An individual player may appear in any number of non-league games during the terms of his four Short-Term Agreements.
Transaction: Chicago Fire FC (MLS) signs defender Charlie Ostrem to Short-Term Agreement from Chicago Fire FC II (MLS NEXT Pro).
Name: Charlie Ostrem (pronounced: OH-strum)
Weight: 155 lbs.
Date of Birth: October 12, 1999
Hometown: Richmond Beach, Washington
Birthplace: Richmond Beach, Washington
Last Club: University of Washington
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 3, 2023
- Minnesota United Score Late Equalizer Against Toronto FC, Earn 1-1 Draw - Minnesota United FC
- St. Louis CITY SC Defeats Houston Dynamo 3-0; Extends Win Streak to Three - St. Louis City SC
- Nashville Soccer Club Extends League Unbeaten Streak to Eight Matches with 2-1 Road Victory Against FC Dallas - Nashville SC
- 10-Man Inter Miami CF Falls to D.C. United - Inter Miami CF
- Acosta's Late Game-Winner Gives FC Cincinnati 1-0 Win Over Chicago Fire FC - FC Cincinnati
- Houston Dynamo FC Fall on the Road to St. Louis CITY SC - Houston Dynamo FC
- Orlando City SC Completes Season Sweep Over New York Red Bulls with 3-0 Victory - Orlando City SC
- Philadelphia Union Blanks CF Montréal 3-0 - Philadelphia Union
- Charlotte FC's 4-Match Road Stretch Ends with 4-2 Loss Against the Columbus Crew - Charlotte FC
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 1-0 to FC Cincinnati at TQL Stadium - Chicago Fire FC
- Sounders FC Plays to Scoreless Draw Saturday Afternoon with Portland Timbers - Seattle Sounders FC
- Timbers, Seattle Sounders FC Play to Scoreless Draw in Cascadia Clash at Lumen Field - Portland Timbers
- New England Revolution and New York City FC Play to 0-0 Draw - New England Revolution
- Concacaf Champions League Trophy on the Line Tomorrow as LAFC Hosts Club León at BMO Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- NYCFC Fights for Point vs. New England Revolution - New York City FC
- Chicago Fire FC Signs Defender Charlie Ostrem to Short-Term Agreement - Chicago Fire FC
- Academy Update: May 2023 Players of the Month - Inter Miami CF
- Kai Williamson Called up for Jamaica U-15 National Team Training Camp - Inter Miami CF
- Sounders FC Hosts Rival Portland Timbers Saturday Afternoon at Lumen Field - Seattle Sounders FC
- New England Free Jacks Defeat Rugby ATL 35-14 - Atlanta United FC
- Nashville Soccer Club Loans Defender Laurence Wyke to the Tampa Bay Rowdies of the USL Championship - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update: Training Schedule and Match Preview
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 2-1 Against FC Cincinnati at Soldier Field
- Chicago Fire FC Weekly Update
- Midfielder Brian Gutiérrez Selected to MLS Team of the Matchday
- World Champion Argentina to Play June Matches in Chicago and Washington DC Metro Area on the Road to 2024 Copa America