Chicago Fire FC Defender Miguel Navarro Called up to Venezuela National Team for March Friendlies
March 16, 2023 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - Chicago Fire FC News Release
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC today announced that defender Miguel Navarro has been called to the Venezuela National Team for upcoming friendly matches during the March FIFA International window.
Led by recently named head coach Fernando Batista, Venezuela will face Saudi Arabia at 2:00 p.m. CT on Friday, March 24 at Prince Abdullah Al Faisal Stadium in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, and Uzbekistan at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 28 at King Abdullah Sports City outside of Jeddah.
It will be Navarro's first call-up under Batista, after joining the team in November for a friendly match against Syria. Navarro played 64 minutes in the Vinotinto's 2-1 win against Syria on Sunday, Nov. 20, at Prince Faisal bin Fahad Stadium in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Navarro has three caps for Venezuela, including a 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifying match against Argentina.
Since joining the Fire in 2020, Navarro has appeared in 74 matches (61 starts) logging five assists as a defender.
Chicago will host FC Cincinnati at 7:30 p.m. CT on Saturday, March 18, at Soldier Field. Tickets for the team's second home match of the season can be purchased here. The match will be broadcast live on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV+ and transmitted locally in Spanish on TUDN 1200 AM.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 16, 2023
- Red Bulls Host Columbus Crew at Red Bull Arena on Saturday Night - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake and Rio Tinto Kennecott Renew Long-Standing Partnership - Real Salt Lake
- New York City Football Club Signs Midfielder Jonathan Shore to a Homegrown Contract - New York City FC
- Kamal Miller and Romell Quioto Receive National Team Call-Ups - Club de Foot Montreal
- Nashville Soccer Club Visits the New England Revolution this Saturday Riding Its Best Start in Its MLS History - Nashville SC
- Orlando City SC Specialty License Plate, Presented by Ford, Now Available for Purchase - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Winger Jefferson Savarino Named to Venezuela Roster - Real Salt Lake
- Chicago Fire FC Defender Miguel Navarro Called up to Venezuela National Team for March Friendlies - Chicago Fire FC
- New & Notes from Week 4: Rapids Looking to Remain Undefeated by Loons at HomeÃÂ - Colorado Rapids
- Sounders FC Debuts the Bruce Lee Kit this Saturday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Atlanta United Announces 2023 Special Olympics Unified Team, Presented by Gallagher - Atlanta United FC
- Expected Goals: Upcoming Milestones for Matchday 4 - MLS
- FC Dallas and Driblab Announce Partnership to Enhance Player Performance and Scouting - FC Dallas
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Multi-Year Partnership with CURAD - Chicago Fire FC
- D.C. United Announce New Premium Seat Offerings at Audi Field - D.C. United
- By the Numbers: FC Cincinnati at Chicago Fire FC - FC Cincinnati
- SKYY® Vodka Becomes the Official Vodka Partner of New York City Football Club - New York City FC
- Inter Miami CF Signs Bryce Duke to Contract Extension - Inter Miami CF
- 2023 Generation adidas Cup Will Feature World-Class International Competition with a Record 49 Different Clubs Representing 12 Countries - MLS
- LAFC Advance to Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals Despite 2-1 Loss to LD Alajuelense - Los Angeles FC
- Orlando City Bows out of Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League Following 1-1 Draw Against Tigres UANL - Orlando City SC
- Whitecaps FC to Face LAFC in Concacaf Champions League Quarterfinals - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 4-1 to Houston Dynamo in Quarterfinals of 2023 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup at SeatGeek Stadium
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update
- Chicago Fire FC Defender Miguel Navarro Called up to Venezuela National Team for June Friendlies
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 1-0 to FC Cincinnati at TQL Stadium
- Chicago Fire FC Signs Defender Charlie Ostrem to Short-Term Agreement