Chicago Acquires Goalkeeper Mackenzie Arnold
CHICAGO - The Chicago Red Stars announced the signing of goalkeeper Mackenzie Arnold, the team announced today.
Arnold has established herself as one of Australia's finest shot-stoppers at 25 years old. She has played for a handful of W-League clubs, including Perth Glory, Canberra United, Western Sydney Wanderers and most recently with the Brisbane Roar. She was named the Westfield W-League Goalkeeper of the Year consecutive seasons in 2013 and 2014. Arnold would win the award for the third time in the 2018 season, where she would lead Brisbane to a W-League Premiership victory.
In addition to time in Australia, she made nine appearances with Norwegian club Toppserien this past season.
Arnold has earned 23 caps for the Westfield Matildas since joining in 2012. She was part of the 2015 FIFA World Cup roster and made one appearance for the Matildas in the 2016 Olympics, a 6-1 victory over Zimbabwe. She was also selected to Australia's roster for the 2019 FIFA World Cup.
Following her signing, Arnold will be available for selection for Chicago's upcoming match against Utah Royals FC on Saturday.
Born: February 25, 1994 (25 years old)
Last Club: Brisbane Roar
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from August 1, 2019
- Thorns FC Weekly Update: August 1, 2019 - Portland Thorns FC
- Match Forecast: Reign FC to Battle the Dash Friday Night in Houston - OL Reign
- Marta Named to NWSL Team of the Month for July - Orlando Pride
- North Carolina Courage Places Four on NWSL Team of the Month Presented by Cutter=C2=AE Insect Repellent - North Carolina Courage
- North Carolina Kristen Hamilton Headlines NWSL Team of the Month - NWSL
- Houston Dash Adds Twila Kaufman to Technical Staff - Houston Dash
- NC Courage Head Coach Paul Riley Nominated for FIFA 2019 Best Women's Coach - North Carolina Courage
- Chicago Acquires Goalkeeper Mackenzie Arnold - Chicago Red Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Red Stars Stories
- Chicago Draws with Washington Spirit
- Chicago Red Stars 2021 Season Tickets Are Now Available
- Red Stars Announce Semicolon as Featured Business for Verizon Community Shield Competition
- Chicago Scores Four in Victory over Sky Blue FC
- Chicago Falls to Washington in Fall Series Opener