Chelsea Gray Named All-Star Starter Earning Her Third Consecutive ASG Selection
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Sparks point guard Chelsea Gray was named a 2019 WNBA All-Star starter, the league announced today (WNBA press release attached). This is Gray's third consecutive WNBA All-Star appearance. Gray has already shattered several personal records in 2019, including career-highs in points (29), assists (13) and rebounds (10). Gray recorded the eighth triple-double in WNBA history on Sunday, July 7 when she scored 13 points, dished out 13 assists and grabbed 10 rebounds to help the Sparks defeat the Mystics 98-81. On June 8, Gray scored 21 points to lead the Sparks to a road win against the Minnesota Lynx and eclipsed the 1500-point career milestone. On June 18, Gray entered the Top-10 in Sparks history for total points. For the season, Gray is averaging 13.3 points, 5.4 assists and 3.8 rebounds per game while shooting 96.3% from the foul line, the highest mark in the WNBA.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 11, 2019
- Pair Return, Peddy Waived - Washington Mystics
- Delle Donne, Thibault to Participate in All-Star Game - Washington Mystics
- Las Vegas' Laimbeer and Washington's Thibault Earn Spots as Head Coaches for AT&T WNBA All-Star 2019 - WNBA
- Chelsea Gray Named All-Star Starter Earning Her Third Consecutive ASG Selection - Los Angeles Sparks
- Jones Named 2019 All-Star Starter - Connecticut Sun
- Griner Named Named 2019 WNBA All-Star Starter - Phoenix Mercury
- Liberty's Kia Nurse Voted Starter for AT&T WNBA All-Star 2019 - New York Liberty
- Washington's Delle Donne, Las Vegas' Wilson Named St Arters and Captains for AT&T WNBA All-Star 2019 - WNBA
- Force 10 Announces Roster for Professional Women's 3x3 Team - Seattle Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.