Charlie Davies Joins New England Revolution as Club Ambassador
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - Former New England Revolution and United States Men's National Team forward Charlie Davies has joined the Revolution as the team's first ever Club Ambassador. In his role, Davies will assist across all branches of the club's business operations, including fan and community relations, corporate partnerships, contributing digital content, and liaising with the Revolution's alumni network of former players and coaches.
"I'm thrilled to be back with the Revolution family and I'm grateful for the opportunity to transition into the next phase of my career with my hometown club," Davies said. "My heart never left New England and it never left this club, and I'm looking forward to helping the organization in this new role."
Davies retired at the end of the 2017 MLS season following an 11-year professional career that included 17 international caps with the United States Men's National Team. The Manchester, New Hampshire, native recorded 14 goals and eight assists in 64 appearances for the Revolution from 2013-16. In 2014, he set a club record with four postseason goals in the team's run to MLS Cup.
A product of Boston College, Davies' playing career also included stops in Sweden, France, and Denmark, as well as one season with D.C. United and two campaigns with the Philadelphia Union.
"Charlie was an outstanding player and great representative of the Revolution during his time here," Revolution President Brian Bilello said. "As a New England native, he is uniquely positioned to represent the club. Once he retired, we immediately thought of him and now we're excited to work with him in his new role as Club Ambassador."
For up-to-the-minute information on the Revolution, visit the team's official web site at revolutionsoccer.net, or join the conversation and interact with fans on any of the team's social platforms.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 4, 2018
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 4, 2018 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Begin Quest for Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, Host Pride Night at Toyota Park - Chicago Fire
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Louisville City FC - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy set to open 2018 U.S. Open Cup play - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sounders FC Announces Establishment of Club-Sponsored GSBA Scholarship Through 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- 19 MLS Players Head to Russia in Search of National Glory at 2018 FIFA World Cup - this Week in MLS - MLS
- Midfielders Andy Polo, David Guzman Named to Final Rosters for 2018 FIFA World Cup - Portland Timbers
- Match Preview: U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round Features Red Bulls and NYCFC - New York Red Bulls
- Charlie Davies Joins New England Revolution as Club Ambassador - New England Revolution
- Giovani and Jonathan Dos Santos Named to Mexico's Roster for 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- MNUFC Falls to SKC on the Road - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting KC Cruises to 4-1 Win over Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Fall to Minnesota United FC, 1-0, in Orlando City Invitational
- Revolution Fall to Louisville City FC in Preseason Friendly
- Revolution Head Coach Brad Friedel Inducted into Blackburn Rovers Hall of Fame
- Revolution Top FC Dynamo Kyiv, 3-1, in Spain Finale
- New England Revolution's Match vs. LA Galaxy Rescheduled for June 2