LA Galaxy set to open 2018 U.S. Open Cup play
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy (5-7-2, 17 points) have another two game week on the books, as they open U.S. Open Cup play against FC Golden State Force on Wednesday, June 6 at StubHub Center Track & Field Stadium (7:30 p.m. PT, LAGalaxy.com). The Galaxy will then resume MLS Regular Season play this weekend when they host Real Salt Lake (7-6-1, 22 points) at 7:30 p.m. PT on Saturday, June 9 at StubHub Center (Spectrum SportsNet, Spectrum Deportes).
The Galaxy have recorded a 33-17-0 all-time record in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. They have entered the Open Cup every year since 1999, winning the tournament in 2001 and 2005 while reaching the Open Cup Final on two other occasions. Last year, the Galaxy advanced to the quarterfinals of the competition before falling to the San Jose Earthquakes 3-2.
FC Golden State Force defeated USL side Las Vegas Lights to advance to the Fourth Round of the U.S. Open Cup as one of three amateur teams.
LA Galaxy are 14-13-9 all-time against Real Salt Lake. The Galaxy are 10-7-2 in home matches against Salt Lake. LA Galaxy went 1-1-1 against Real Salt Lake last season, and drew 1-1 in their last matchup at StubHub Center. Bradford Jamieson scored the opening goal in that contest.
The Galaxy will enter both matches without Giovani and Jonathan dos Santos, who were named to Mexico's 23-man roster for the 2018 FIFA World Cup this morning.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 4, 2018
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 4, 2018 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Begin Quest for Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, Host Pride Night at Toyota Park - Chicago Fire
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Louisville City FC - New England Revolution
- LA Galaxy set to open 2018 U.S. Open Cup play - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sounders FC Announces Establishment of Club-Sponsored GSBA Scholarship Through 2020 - Seattle Sounders FC
- 19 MLS Players Head to Russia in Search of National Glory at 2018 FIFA World Cup - this Week in MLS - MLS
- Midfielders Andy Polo, David Guzman Named to Final Rosters for 2018 FIFA World Cup - Portland Timbers
- Match Preview: U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round Features Red Bulls and NYCFC - New York Red Bulls
- Charlie Davies Joins New England Revolution as Club Ambassador - New England Revolution
- Giovani and Jonathan Dos Santos Named to Mexico's Roster for 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- MNUFC Falls to SKC on the Road - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting KC Cruises to 4-1 Win over Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Unveil 2019 Night Navy Kit at the Novo at L.A. LIVE
- LA Galaxy Cup Returns to Orange County Great Park
- LA Galaxy Preseason Match vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC Canceled Due to Inclement Weather
- LA Galaxy, David Beckham and Herbalife Nutrition to Unveil Community Soccer Field and Mural in Los Angeles on Friday, March 1
- LA Galaxy to Unveil 2019 Night Navy Kit at the Novo at L.A. LIVE on Sunday, February 17