Cedric Cobbs Assigned to Twisters
(North Little Rock, AR) - The Arkansas Twisters have been assigned former University of Arkansas star running back Cedric Cobbs by the arenafootball2 league office. Cobbs will not be active for the Twisters' upcoming game with Tri-Cites.
Cobbs was drafted in the fourth round (128th overall) of the 2004 NFL Draft by the New England Patriots, where he earned a Super Bowl Championship.
The Little Rock native won an Arkansas state football championship at JA Fair High School and went on to star for the University of Arkansas Razorbacks. He ran for a then freshman rushing record in '99 that has since been broken by Darren McFadden. He finished his college career with 3,027 rushing yards, which is the third highest total in school history. He helped lead the Razorbacks to a 9-4 record his senior year in '03, was named first team All-SEC, and was Offensive MVP of the Independence Bowl.
Arkansas will put its season high four game win streak on the line with it plays Tri-Cities in the Pacific Northwest on Saturday, June 21st at 9pm Central Time.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from June 18, 2008
- Podcasts #6 and #7 Feature Guidry and Gatto - Texas Copperheads
- Hill suffers career-ending injury - Texas Copperheads
- Coyotes to Hold Armed Forces Night - Central Valley Coyotes
- Dusters signing autographs at Academy this Sunday - Amarillo Venom
- Steamwheelers Anounce One Dollar Off all Walk-Up Ticket Sales Friday to be Donated to Flood Relief - Quad City Steamwheelers
- Cedric Cobbs Assigned to Twisters - Arkansas Diamonds
- Aaron Williams earns Week 12 honors - Amarillo Venom
- Shock Top Coaches Poll For Third Straight Week - Spokane Shock
- Albany Conquest Summer Kick Off This Friday - Albany Firebirds
- Yard Dawgz to host a book signing for former OU Linebacker Eric Thunander - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Conquest Week 12 - Albany Firebirds
- Brandon Hussey grabs Catch of the Week Award - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.