Cavalry FC to Host Inaugural Home Match on May 4, 2019
Calgary, AB - Cavalry FC will host its first Canadian Premier League (CPL) home match against York9 FC will be played on the May 4th , 2019 at the Meadows on the Green, Spruce Meadows. This inaugural home fixture is going to kick-start a momentous occasion in the history of the club and provide the precedent for what's to come in the league's first season.
Over the last few weeks, Cavalry FC has been signing an array of local and international talent to fill a roster that will present a force to be recon with on opening day. With currently 11 Canadian players and 4 internationals (Brazil, Germany and England), Cavalry FC is staying true to the Canadian Premier League's mandate of being a league that is for Canadians by Canadians.
At a recent fan engagement event, Tommy Wheeldon Jr. (Head Coach & General Manager, Cavalry FC) was excited to bring the community together and introduce the current roster. "We'll do what we can to put the product on the pitch, to build the environment that you want to be at. There's only 6000 seats to sell every game, and we're going to fill that stadium" stated Wheeldon Jr.
The season home opener at the Meadows on the Green, Spruce Meadows on May 4th , promises to be a unique game day experience like no other. Season tickets are now open to the public. More information on those can be found at: https://cavalryfc.canpl.ca/season-ticket-info
"We are beyond excited for our founding clubs to kick-off their inaugural seasons with their first official home games and as a fan, I am excited to see what every club has to offer." said David Clanachan, Commissioner, Canadian Premier League. "This is an opportunity for Canada to showcase the homegrown talent we have in our midst and finally have the dream of the CPL become a reality for our seven cities."
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Premier League message board...
Canadian Premier League Stories from February 22, 2019
- FC Edmonton Announces Signings of Two International Players - FC Edmonton
- Cavalry FC to Host Inaugural Home Match on May 4, 2019 - Cavalry FC
- HFX Wanderers FC Announce Home Opener - HFX Wanderers FC
- Valour FC Announce Home Opener - Valour FC
- FC Edmonton Announces Home Opener & First Match - FC Edmonton
- Inaugural Pacific FC Season Kicks off April 28 against Halifax at Westhills Stadium - Pacific FC
- York9 FC Signs Montreal Native Diyaeddine Abzi - York9 FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cavalry FC Stories
- Cavalry FC Dates Set for the 2019 Canadian Premier League Finals
- 'We're Devastating': Cavalry's 'Ruthless' Mentality Shines in Statement Win
- 'Like a Slap in the Face': Cavalry Thrashes Valour to Set Record Win
- Cavalry Runs Rampant in 8-Goal Triumph vs. Valour
- 'It's Extra Special': Carducci Plays Hero vs. Pacific After CanMNT Nod